E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Will navigation system work in China?

08-16-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
davezaristo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M3 - AW/Sakhir Orange

Will navigation system work in China?

I know this question maybe a longshot, but i hope that one of the experts here can shed some lights on this. I am currently in the US and just ordered 335i and planning on shipping back to China in the near future. However, I am debating whether to add the navi as an option since i am not sure if it works. I know for driving in Europe and the US, all you need is to stick in a correct dvd and everything would work...Does anyone have a clue whether it would work or is there any member here from China that can give me some clue? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
all you need is the china gps dvd... however, have you begun to imagine the amount of taxes of importing an item such as a car? their luxury tax is around 45%.....
      08-16-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
CyberTron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

On a side note, I've a colleague in China who says the petrol in there, the octane level is not high enough and have problems with turbo cars. So you might want to double check on that. Heard those local turbo Audi A4 need to be modified to suit the local petrol.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
davezaristo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
all you need is the china gps dvd... however, have you begun to imagine the amount of taxes of importing an item such as a car? their luxury tax is around 45%.....
Yeah, i know it is crazy and we are planning to import 2 cars..well, if the math doesn't seem right, we will just sell our cars and buy new ones there...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
davezaristo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTron View Post
On a side note, I've a colleague in China who says the petrol in there, the octane level is not high enough and have problems with turbo cars. So you might want to double check on that. Heard those local turbo Audi A4 need to be modified to suit the local petrol.
hmm..thats something i have not even thought about..maybe thats why they only have 325i and 330i for the e92 model?
Appreciate 0