F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Finally got my EBII!!!
proTUNING Freaks

12-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Finally got my EBII!!!

Hey ALL!!!!! After ordering in Oct, I finally got my car last weekend . Right away got the winters thrown on and opti-coated!

Specs...
335i ( no XI for me )
EBII
Sport Auto
M-Sport
Premium Pack
19" M wheels
M-Sport Brakes
Adaptive M Suspension

Put on 18" Blizzak WS70's on CSL reps. Treads are SUPER DEEP! ( Prob explains why the ride is pretty soft ) Should be good on trips to a semi-real mountain like Tremblant.

Bought a CF spoiler off ebay but since its so rainy I haven't put it on yet.

Obviously, I'm super excited and happy with what it can do as I ease into it. I never had nav or iDrive before so its pretty nifty in my eyes. There's a lot to fiddle with.

I am ABSOLUTELY NOT use to the auto! The comparison drive had it and my test drive had it and I guess for short term it was okay. Right now its taking me some time to know how to use it properly and to know what its doing. Plus I haven't rev'd above 5000 yet.

I hope to lightly track the car ( maybe 2-3 times a year ) and hopefully learn something with this one. I tracked my e46 twice way back and that was definitely fun.

Anyway, I'll probably write some type of review from someone who has moved through the e46-e90-e90LCI-F30 ( all with sport package ). Probably in the new year.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you at a meet come spring time!

- Seagull

Pictures suck since the weather sucks. I've only taken shots on the iPhone.
Attached Images

12-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Hey ALL!!!!! After ordering in Oct, I finally got my car last weekend . Right away got the winters thrown on and opti-coated!

Specs...
335i ( no XI for me )
EBII
Sport Auto
M-Sport
Premium Pack
19" M wheels
M-Sport Brakes
Adaptive M Suspension

Put on 18" Blizzak WS70's on CSL reps. Treads are SUPER DEEP! ( Prob explains why the ride is pretty soft ) Should be good on trips to a semi-real mountain like Tremblant.

Bought a CF spoiler off ebay but since its so rainy I haven't put it on yet.

Obviously, I'm super excited and happy with what it can do as I ease into it. I never had nav or iDrive before so its pretty nifty in my eyes. There's a lot to fiddle with.

I am ABSOLUTELY NOT use to the auto! The comparison drive had it and my test drive had it and I guess for short term it was okay. Right now its taking me some time to know how to use it properly and to know what its doing. Plus I haven't rev'd above 5000 yet.

I hope to lightly track the car ( maybe 2-3 times a year ) and hopefully learn something with this one. I tracked my e46 twice way back and that was definitely fun.

Anyway, I'll probably write some type of review from someone who has moved through the e46-e90-e90LCI-F30 ( all with sport package ). Probably in the new year.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you at a meet come spring time!

- Seagull

Pictures suck since the weather sucks. I've only taken shots on the iPhone.
CSL reps look great on F30 EB2, i had that same winter setup for my e92 when i lived in PA. no more snow for me, lol. best of luck, your car looks great!

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
daxtor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 335i

Congrats! Glad to know that the 18" CSL reps can accommodate the M-Sport brakes. I have pretty much the same car as yours, minus the premium package. Where did you get the CSL reps?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
CSL reps look great on F30 EB2, i had that same winter setup for my e92 when i lived in PA. no more snow for me, lol. best of luck, your car looks great!
Thanks! Wow Arizona! Most be pretty hot in the summers! Tires must melt!
      12-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxtor View Post
Congrats! Glad to know that the 18" CSL reps can accommodate the M-Sport brakes. I have pretty much the same car as yours, minus the premium package. Where did you get the CSL reps?
Nice, you focused on the important/purist stuff I see

I got the reps where everyone here does.... at SimplyTire. Yes I wasn't sure either if they'd fit the brakes, but luckily they did!
      12-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Awesome and massive congrats!!!
      12-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
The Economist
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i "M-Sport" MPPK MPE

Sir, I'm pretty sure I saw your car in the delivery port on Saturday (at Parkview). I took delivery of my car on the 15th - white 335i M Sport with M adaptive suspension, M Sport brakes, coral leather, and a bunch of other crap. I took delivery of my car with winter tires and wheels (dropped them off earlier in the week) - gunmental M3 replicas with the exact same tires as you!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Economist View Post
Sir, I'm pretty sure I saw your car in the delivery port on Saturday (at Parkview). I took delivery of my car on the 15th - white 335i M Sport with M adaptive suspension, M Sport brakes, coral leather, and a bunch of other crap. I took delivery of my car with winter tires and wheels (dropped them off earlier in the week) - gunmental M3 replicas with the exact same tires as you!
Oh wow, that is cool - what timing. I took delivery of my car at about 11am Dec 15th. What time were you? Well, see you out there hopefully!

How are you finding yours? I'm still taking it easy - I'm trying to do fuel consumption tests LOL.

Last edited by Seagull; 12-18-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
The Economist
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i "M-Sport" MPPK MPE

Quote:
Oh wow, that is cool - what timing. I took delivery of my car at about 11am Dec 15th. What time were you? Well, see you out there hopefully!

How are you finding yours? I'm still taking it easy - I'm trying to do fuel consumption tests LOL.
I was there to take delivery at 9 a.m. - my wife remarked that she liked the blue colour! I really like it as well but I went with white because I really wanted the coral interior and I wasn't feeling a blue/red combo, though I've seen a few pics and it's not that bad... but I still love the white/red combo.

I drove it for a while on the weekend; pure pleasure. It's a really refined sporting saloon - exactly what I wanted. I didn't even take it past 4k RPM - really easy cruising in Comfort mode.

My wife drives it most of the time (during the week) because she has to drive to work (I work in the core so I don't bother driving in). Her only requirements were that (i) the car has four doors and (ii) the car is automatic. So, needless to say, she's happy with it for her commuting purposes. And I'm happy with it for my more enthusiastic purposes as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was there to take delivery at 9 a.m. - my wife remarked that she liked the blue colour! I really like it as well but I went with white because I really wanted the coral interior and I wasn't feeling a blue/red combo, though I've seen a few pics and it's not that bad... but I still love the white/red combo.

I drove it for a while on the weekend; pure pleasure. It's a really refined sporting saloon - exactly what I wanted. I didn't even take it past 4k RPM - really easy cruising in Comfort mode.

My wife drives it most of the time (during the week) because she has to drive to work (I work in the core so I don't bother driving in). Her only requirements were that (i) the car has four doors and (ii) the car is automatic. So, needless to say, she's happy with it for her commuting purposes. And I'm happy with it for my more enthusiastic purposes as well.
It was a really hard decision for me in terms of colour. Absolute toss up between AW and EBII. Another one in the mix was Tanzurite Blue. If I would have gotten AW, the combo you chose would have been a no brainer for me! Yeah, my interior is black, with the blue strip and hex trim. BMW do make their cars easy to enjoy, so..... enjoy!
      12-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Looks great. I'll be interested to hear how she does in the snow. You should find out this week...

You said you considered Tanzanite Blue...so were you considering the Individual Package then?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
My wife drives it most of the time (during the week) because she has to drive to work (I work in the core so I don't bother driving in).
You live in Toronto and your wife doesn't?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
daxtor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 335i

Quote:
Nice, you focused on the important/purist stuff I see

I got the reps where everyone here does.... at SimplyTire. Yes I wasn't sure either if they'd fit the brakes, but luckily they did!
Haha, not exactly purist stuff, otherwise I'd stick with the normal sport suspension and then lower the car with aftermarket springs and shocks (just like my previous E46). Too bad that now I have to shuttle around my 1.5 year old kid, I can't make the car too stiff riding.

SimplyTire is in Toronto right? I am on the west coast so I probably won't get the wheels from them. But still glad to know the 18" VMR V703 works with the M Sport brakes. What is the offset and rim size? 18x8.5?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
Looks great. I'll be interested to hear how she does in the snow. You should find out this week...

You said you considered Tanzanite Blue...so were you considering the Individual Package then?
Thanks jtuds!

I drove through a snow storm ( where I saw 2 cars in the ditch by the hwy, including one A4 Quatro ), and drive through roads left unplowed for over a week. At the end of my destination, the whole front of the car was caked on snow/ice. Part of the intake scoops were blocked as were the kidneys! But, RWD is definitely fine with new winters. She squirms and gets on her way fine. My old AWD with winters would squirm in the snow and get on her way as well, but just a little less and a little faster. I have to say that the traction control ( or maybe that with the auto ) seems less intrusive or apparent. Anyway, I have no problems pulling out on to country highways from a side street with black ice or hard packed snow if anyone is worried. In comparison, I drove a minivan packed with 7 people and all season tires, and despite the weight, it had trouble!

I think I would miss my AWD on steep inclines which were either in deep snow or icy conditions.

Well, Tanzanite Blue reminded me a lot of my Orient Blue e46, but realisitically, I'd spend the money on other options. Still, its a unique colour, but too conservative. I wanted this one to be more sport looking and to me darker colours or grey/silver gave off a conservative/luxury feel.