E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > And yet another new issue ....this time the Audio System

08-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
And yet another new issue ....this time the Audio System

I am beginning to think that BMW does NOT know how to DEVELOP and especially how to TEST software for these cars. Yet another new issue to add to my list .... not 9 random ocurring software bugs. I think WE are their TEST FACILITY AN DTST TECHNICIANS !!:mad:

This morning, for the first time in 8 weeks (since I have had the car - E93 335i), the audio system actually came up where it was left last night --- with the iPod ON. Terrific I thought, but then .... I tried switching to FM using the AM/FM switch; the MODE switch and the iDrive commands. IT WOULD NOT SWITCH to any other mode - AM -- FM -- CD etc. It would only play the iPod. I unplugged the iPod USB and audio jack and it still would not play anything else. I plugged it back in and stil only the iPod.

I shut the car off for about 2 minutes then started again and same thing -- only the iPod. So then I shut it off and waited a half hour -- low and behold it now comes up correct and all works as i should.

Do you think they will believe me at the dealers ....... probably not BUT ....

I VIDEO TAPED THE WHOLE THING !!!! So now I can PROVE this happened.

Yesterday I decided to leave my litle camcorder in the car so I can start to video all these hings that they say CAN'T happen and yet DO HAPPEN !!

Can't wait to take the car in now !!!!

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
GL, let us know how it goes.

Very smart of you to take vids of the problem.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #3
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
I will be calling for an appointment tomorrow for this and the other 8 software bugs I have found. Unfortunately I do not have them all video taped as of yet..... I will though cause I am carrying my Sanyo Xacti recorder in the car with me now.

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
Appreciate 0