E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Front Speakers in an e92 - Boston Pro's fit ? - amp suggestion ?

07-31-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Front Speakers in an e92 - Boston Pro's fit ? - amp suggestion ?

Hey everyone... I'll be taking delivery of an e92 in a couple weeks... it has L7 in it.

Sound is important to me, L7 is good, but could be better. I've had Boston Pro or Rally speakers in the last 3 cars i've owned, I'd love to put the 4" pro's in the e92, has anyone done this, were there any issues ? (i read the part about having to use an adapter ring or something and mount the speaker from the back, is the depth ok ??)

Amps, I've always used Alpine amps, have a spare on the shelf, but no line level in. I've never used a line level to pre-amp converter.... what's the general thought on those, are they really ok ? or am i better off to get an amp that allows line level in ?

Thanks...
(stereo upgrade plan consists of front speakers, amp, sub)
Appreciate 0