F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > 328i xDrive Ride Height
proTUNING Freaks

08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Dgrohl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

328i xDrive Ride Height

Hi folks,

So I finally got to test drive the 328 xDrive yesterday at Parkview. I'm actually a customer of Autohaus but I've found their service has been really shitty lately so I'm taking my biz elsewhere. Parkview had a demo available so off I went. Incidently, the sales guy there was super nice...and totally the typical d-bag sales person you usually find at BMW dealerships. Anyways...

I have to say the 4-banger is GREAT! Totally surprised and pleased. Wasn't crazy about the tin-sounding engine but I can overlook that.

What did kinda bother me was the xDrive ride height. When I look at a normal 328 Sport line, it looks good. I don't think anything has to be done to the car at all.

But the xDrive sits a bit high for my liking. It's such a minor thing I can live with it but I'm wondering if anyone knows the answers to the following:

1) Can an xDrive 3 series be lowered?
2) And if it can be lowered, does it void the warranty?
3) Does the ride height look the same if I upgrade to say 19" wheels instead of 18"s?

Re: #3) Common logic would state that 19" wheels would fill the gap a bit. But on the other hand, I wonder if the 19" wheels would simply raise the car vertically and not alter the wheel well gaps.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl View Post
Hi folks,

So I finally got to test drive the 328 xDrive yesterday at Parkview. I'm actually a customer of Autohaus but I've found their service has been really shitty lately so I'm taking my biz elsewhere. Parkview had a demo available so off I went. Incidently, the sales guy there was super nice...and totally the typical d-bag sales person you usually find at BMW dealerships. Anyways...

I have to say the 4-banger is GREAT! Totally surprised and pleased. Wasn't crazy about the tin-sounding engine but I can overlook that.

What did kinda bother me was the xDrive ride height. When I look at a normal 328 Sport line, it looks good. I don't think anything has to be done to the car at all.

But the xDrive sits a bit high for my liking. It's such a minor thing I can live with it but I'm wondering if anyone knows the answers to the following:

3) Does the ride height look the same if I upgrade to say 19" wheels instead of 18"s?

Re: #3) Common logic would state that 19" wheels would fill the gap a bit. But on the other hand, I wonder if the 19" wheels would simply raise the car vertically and not alter the wheel well gaps.

Had a similar question.......the answer lies in the xDrive system requiring the clearance. Hence why the sport suspension (lowered) and park assistant cant be ordered with xDrive.

Hope this helps......
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Sauveur
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi |2013

328xi height

I live in the Laurentians and am glad to hear that the xdrive height is higher !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl View Post
Hi folks,

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Sauveur
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi |2013

328 xi height

I think its qctially better for it to be hgher.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

When I had my 335xi I had the same issue.

There will be kits to lower the F30 Xi cars if you want. Give it a year or so to hit market.

I have an M3 and the winter is a bit tough at times.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
MMOTION
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like you'll never drive again

I have a 335i xdrive msport and it definitely sits higher than its non-xdrive siblings. There will definitely be springs and coilover kits available soon, just give it some time.
Appreciate 0