F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Coupe Questions from a First Time Owner......
Extreme Powerhouse

08-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
gc1969
Rep
Drives: 328i Luxury

Coupe Questions from a First Time Owner......

**EDIT - TITLE SHOULD SAY COUPLE, NOT COUPE*****

I have ordered a Canadian spec 328i (luxury, non-navi) and wondered if:

a) the 1-6 shortcut keys can be programmed to anything other than radio stations

b) I will be able to control an iPod using only the white USB cable that came with iPod (or need to buy some proprietary cable from BMW)

c) if I can order winter tires from a US source (like Tirerack.com) without TPMS and if folks had opinions on a preferred brand of tire (was leaning towards Michelins) and a preferred sizing (was going to put on either 17 or possibly 16 inch winters). The vehicle will be driven primarily in southern Ontario

d) if people have experienced any hassle from their dealer when asking that the Auto Start Stop is recoded to remember the last setting (so I don't have to tur it off every time i drive the vehicle)

e) whether the vehicle can be recoded to automatically unlock the doors when the car it put into Park - ideally it would be great to have the vehicle open the same doors (either driver or all four doors) which are matched to the specific settings of the remote being used

Thanks very much - really appreciate the insight from this forum ...........

Last edited by gc1969; 08-13-2012 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: Please cahnge first word in title to COUPLE
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

see in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc1969 View Post
**EDIT - TITLE SHOULD SAY COUPLE, NOT COUPE*****

I have ordered a Canadian spec 328i (luxury, non-navi) and wondered if:

a) the 1-6 shortcut keys can be programmed to anything other than radio stations

Yes. phone #, oil level, etc.

b) I will be able to control an iPod using only the white USB cable that came with iPod (or need to buy some proprietary cable from BMW)

c) if I can order winter tires from a US source (like Tirerack.com) without TPMS and if folks had opinions on a preferred brand of tire (was leaning towards Michelins) and a preferred sizing (was going to put on either 17 or possibly 16 inch winters). The vehicle will be driven primarily in southern Ontario

Michelin is good but just a bit more expensive. New Michelin for this winter incl. Xice 3 and PA4. 17" would be preferred

d) if people have experienced any hassle from their dealer when asking that the Auto Start Stop is recoded to remember the last setting (so I don't have to tur it off every time i drive the vehicle)

e) whether the vehicle can be recoded to automatically unlock the doors when the car it put into Park - ideally it would be great to have the vehicle open the same doors (either driver or all four doors) which are matched to the specific settings of the remote being used

Anything can be coded these days.

Thanks very much - really appreciate the insight from this forum ...........
Appreciate 0