F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Engine auto off/on Fail
GetBMWParts

06-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Engine auto off/on Fail

Yep as reported by a few others, Im sitting at a red light this morning, and my car auto shut off. Light turns green I lightly lift off the brake, car starts but sputters around 750-800rpm and then dies. I restart try to go but somehow it threw itslef into neutral, by this time I have a million horns beeping at me. I figure out and put into drive and I take off. Oh well, I guess Ill just stop using the feature. Need to code it where it just automatically shuts off and if I want it ill turne it on, not the other way around.
      06-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
noro
Colonel
Armenia
Rep
Drives: '91 M3, '04 E46 ZHP, '72 2002

The air has been feeling clearer lately... must be all that A.S.S around...
      06-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
awwwyeah206
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Take it in asap.. this problem will not go away. dealer did a software update a few months ago for me and not only do I feel like the start up is faster, it has not stalled once since.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwwyeah206 View Post
Take it in asap.. this problem will not go away. dealer did a software update a few months ago for me and not only do I feel like the start up is faster, it has not stalled once since.
Yep, I need to get in there ASAP! It happened again today. Seems it only happens when the engine is cold, after it's warm it doesn't really occur.
      06-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Yep as reported by a few others, Im sitting at a red light this morning, and my car auto shut off. Light turns green I lightly lift off the brake, car starts but sputters around 750-800rpm and then dies. I restart try to go but somehow it threw itslef into neutral, by this time I have a million horns beeping at me. I figure out and put into drive and I take off. Oh well, I guess Ill just stop using the feature. Need to code it where it just automatically shuts off and if I want it ill turne it on, not the other way around.
I"m NOT a fan of ASS.
My plan is to make a habit of pressing the "NO ASS-anine" feature OFF on every start up.

When you get the coding figured out, maybe we could meet up and you can fix mine too.

A member on here, SAVACHE I think, has already figured out a lot of coding for some cool stuff, like the ASS off forever.
And, how to set "sport" as default. I really want that one.

Too many freak'in buttons to push just to drive a SPORT sedan.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I"m NOT a fan of ASS.
My plan is to make a habit of pressing the "NO ASS-anine" feature OFF on every start up.

When you get the coding figured out, maybe we could meet up and you can fix mine too.

A member on here, SAVACHE I think, has already figured out a lot of coding for some cool stuff, like the ASS off forever.
And, how to set "sport" as default. I really want that one.

Too many freak'in buttons to push just to drive a SPORT sedan.
Yeah, really no kidding. Reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson making fun of the Mclaren MP-2. Car on, push these 2 buttons to start activating the traction control, then hold this one for 10 seconds and off lol