E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Installers in CT

06-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
MrBigglesworthe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335xi Coupe

Question Installers in CT

Looking at the offical thread for known good installers in CT, all I saw was:

CT:
1. ICS Performance (hl0m4n)
Address: 377 Elm Street, Stamford CT, 06902
Refrence: Dan w/ 335i
Comment: They do amazing work. Shop is setup great and is at an easy to get to, not hard to find location. The quality of work and service is also great. The only negative is that they don't allow you to go to the back where they do installs to watch. You have to wait in the waiting room or go to the Subway across the street while your car is being worked on due to policy and insurance issues. Other than that it is a great shop with great people although it would be nice to be able to watch and get involved with installs.

Is this really the only shop anybody has used in CT? I live in the Manchester/South Windsor/Vernon area and stamford is over an hour away.. anyone have any luck with any other shops that may be closer? Looking to have some springs installed in about a month.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
JTWCT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 328xi E92

I had shocks and springs installed at ACI Dynamix in Seymour, CT. They're opened on nights and weekends. http://www.acidynamix.com/where-to-find-us/

Juiced46, a member on this forum, in Wallingford also installs shocks+springs. He has the best prices and members of this forum have had a good experience with him.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Last Minute Racing
(203) 378-9090
120 Allen Street
Stratford, CT 06615-6700
Reference: Tell them Andrey with 335 sent you.

They completely built my car from the ground up. The M3 suspension, RB turbos and all the other stuff was installed by them, highly recommend them.
The owner is a former race driver and his supercharged Z3M is in the shop
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Tiz113
Chief Sitting Bull
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi E92 / LSB F90 M5

Garage List
2019 BMW F90  [0.00]
2007 328xi E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
Last Minute Racing
(203) 378-9090
120 Allen Street
Stratford, CT 06615-6700
Reference: Tell them Andrey with 335 sent you.

They completely built my car from the ground up. The M3 suspension, RB turbos and all the other stuff was installed by them, highly recommend them.
The owner is a former race driver and his supercharged Z3M is in the shop
Right down the street from my job. didnt even know it existed!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiz113 View Post
Right down the street from my job. didnt even know it existed!

Thanks!
Really low-key shop but once you're in you'll be quite surprised to see what kind of cars they've got there

BTW entrance is from Avon street, not Allen. Make a right right before railroad track.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
MrBigglesworthe
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the info guys
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Tiz113
Chief Sitting Bull
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi E92 / LSB F90 M5

Garage List
2019 BMW F90  [0.00]
2007 328xi E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
Really low-key shop but once you're in you'll be quite surprised to see what kind of cars they've got there

BTW entrance is from Avon street, not Allen. Make a right right before railroad track.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Whatever you do i would stay away from ICS... If you google reviews you can read all the horror stories and incidents people have had with them. Despite all the negative reviews one of my friends goes there all the time and is buddies with the owner George. Because of this I decided i might give them a try so i gave them a call on a Saturday at 2 to see when i could come in/how much it would cost to have my Stett intake, and CDV installed. The secretary told me that the guy i needed to speak with (George) was out of the shop and would give me a call back. It becomes 7:00 so i decide to give them another ring in case they've been really busy and forgot. The secretary tells me she gave George my number but he's been really busy so he'd call me back sometime by the end of the day. Then tuesday comes around and i still haven't gotten a call back so i give them another ring and she apologizes and says she'll email him my info so that he has a copy and can get to me when he gets a chance. To this day, they have still not called me back.

Now onto the shop i do recommend... I have been getting all my work done at AfterFX in Stamford. They are awesome and can do just about anything however they're not really on the cheap side. They charge around $150 an hour because they do a good job and work on tons of high end cars. All the guys that work there are really nice and they have some really cool shop cars there most of the time. I've had no issues with them except a tiny dent in my hood after the intake install but that was fixed promptly and they had a guy who works for the Ferrari dealership come and remove the dent for free. I'd definitely recommend them and would also recommend speaking to Chris. Chris is awesome and knows a lot about our cars since he owns a 1M that's pretty heavily modded. If you do go tell them Peter with the grey 335 sent you. Let me know if you decide to try them out and how it works
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

I cannot emphasize this enough...go anywhere...ANYWHERE but ICS. They are crooks and hacks of the highest order. I can speak for this personally, as can many friends and acquaintances. Whatever you choose, make sure it's not ICS.

If you wish for your wallet to be treated fairly and for your car to not be butchered to hell, I would recommend Juiced46. Good guy, really knows his stuff, straight shooter. If he's simply too far, and you wish to have someone closer to southern Fairfield County working on the car, PM me, I have someone else who is also excellent and equally qualified, he is just a bit more difficult to get a hold of.
      06-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
joed1
ED RN
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi coupe/2011 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWCT View Post
I had shocks and springs installed at ACI Dynamix in Seymour, CT. They're opened on nights and weekends. http://www.acidynamix.com/where-to-find-us/

Juiced46, a member on this forum, in Wallingford also installs shocks+springs. He has the best prices and members of this forum have had a good experience with him.
I totally agree on Juiced/Dave. Great guy, great mechanic and he is meticulous. Also in the Western part of this wondrous state don't forget EFI in Seymour. They also dyno and COBB tune!
      06-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
MrBigglesworthe
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed1 View Post
I totally agree on Juiced/Dave. Great guy, great mechanic and he is meticulous. Also in the Western part of this wondrous state don't forget EFI in Seymour. They also dyno and COBB tune!
Yeah I've heard about these guys since I had my STi, heard nothing about good things coming out of EFI. I just wish COBB would release an AccessPort for the N55 already...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
ZTZ1010
Aficionado of All Things Vroom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWCT View Post
+1. The Owner (Bryce) is a good guy with years of experience on all types of vehicles. I've been up there for a number or projects and would recommend him 100%..Very fair pricing and stands by his work. and I'm super picky about who I'll let touch my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Whatever you do i would stay away from ICS...

Now onto the shop i do recommend... I have been getting all my work done at AfterFX in Stamford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefactoM6 View Post
I cannot emphasize this enough...go anywhere...ANYWHERE but ICS. They are crooks and hacks of the highest order. I can speak for this personally, as can many friends and acquaintances. Whatever you choose, make sure it's not ICS.

If you wish for your wallet to be treated fairly and for your car to not be butchered to hell, I would recommend Juiced46. Good guy, really knows his stuff, straight shooter.
+1. STAY AWAY FROM ICS. Matt (DefactoM6) is one of many horror stories. Juiced (Dave) is a good dude also. If you go with AfterFX, they're also an awesome shop. Talk to Chris Mayfield. He's active on this forum and owns a highly modded 1M. he'll take good care of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed1 View Post
EFI is in bethel, CT. ACI Dynamix is in Seymour.

Retired:
'18 6MT AW F30 340x Drive | '15 6MT F80 M3| '11 AW DCT E92 M3| '09 6MT AW E90 335i| 08' 6MT E92 328xi
Appreciate 0