F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Question about no charge maintenance.
Studio RSR

06-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
My2ndBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 AW/SO

Question Question about no charge maintenance.

Hello,

I am in the market for 328ix(or 335ix) and I have some questions about no charge maintenance that comes with BMW. I used to own a 5 series long time ago and BMW didn’t have no charge maintenance back then.

Currently, I own MB GLK350 (don’t laugh, I know its chick’s car) and schedule maintenance is quite a bit.

I would like to know especially in Canada, if you had to pay anything extra that’s not covered by no charge maintenance.

Here are the lists of what’s covered by scheduled maintenance (Info from BMW Canada Web site)
- Engine oil change including oil filter
- Service/replacement of air filter, fuel filter, micro filter, spark plugs
- Service brake fluid
- Service vehicle check Thanks in advance.

Note: I understand that anything that’s consumable like Brake pad/disc/clutch/tire is not covered.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2ndBMW View Post
Hello,

I am in the market for 328ix(or 335ix) and I have some questions about no charge maintenance that comes with BMW. I used to own a 5 series long time ago and BMW didn’t have no charge maintenance back then.

Currently, I own MB GLK350 (don’t laugh, I know its chick’s car) and schedule maintenance is quite a bit.

I would like to know especially in Canada, if you had to pay anything extra that’s not covered by no charge maintenance.

Here are the lists of what’s covered by scheduled maintenance (Info from BMW Canada Web site)
- Engine oil change including oil filter
- Service/replacement of air filter, fuel filter, micro filter, spark plugs
- Service brake fluid
- Service vehicle check Thanks in advance.

Note: I understand that anything that’s consumable like Brake pad/disc/clutch/tire is not covered.

Thanks in advance
Like you said, you'll have to pay for wipers, tires, brake pads...
      06-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
My2ndBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 AW/SO

Maybe the new F30 owners are too new to experience the schedule maintenance, but I am interested to know if BMW service department try to up sell something that’s not necessary or required.

Also, do they give you a free loaner when the car is in service (schedule or not schedule)?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
CanadianDriver
Captain
Rep
Drives: P3D-

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2ndBMW View Post
Maybe the new F30 owners are too new to experience the schedule maintenance, but I am interested to know if BMW service department try to up sell something that’s not necessary or required.

Also, do they give you a free loaner when the car is in service (schedule or not schedule)?
within the first 4 years of free service, there's almost no "upsell", esp if you're a low mileage driver.

free bmw loaners from quinn group but excluding express services (oil, filter, quick service jobs)
Appreciate 0