E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > NEED HELP!!!!!

06-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
boosted TreTre
Catch Me If You Can
Rep
Drives: e92

NEED HELP!!!!!

I need to find a dealer that is actually competent. My car keeps going into limp mode every single week. I have literally been to the dealer 25 times because of the same reason. I have had my fuel pump replaced, valves have been carbon blasted, have gotten tons of spark plugs replaced. Yesterday as im coming home roll up on a s2k throw it into third and accelerate and the car wont boost and the check engine soon light comes on. So now I need to find a dealer that can for once and all fix whats going on with my car, I'm sick of bringing it in to the dealer and by the next week it throws the code. Any recommendations on a dealer to go to or what else could be wrong with the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
KyLu II
FREE DREAMK
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: the shiiit!

Garage List
2011 Lexus LFA  [3.76]
What codes is the car triggering?
      06-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
boosted TreTre
Catch Me If You Can
Rep
Drives: e92

I'm not sure, the check engine light went off does the code stay stored?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
KyLu II
FREE DREAMK
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: the shiiit!

Garage List
2011 Lexus LFA  [3.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted TreTre View Post
I'm not sure, the check engine light went off does the code stay stored?
If you have a tune and canclear is not on, it should be stored.
      06-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
If you can't read codes and have already tried disagnosing for a misfire (plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors), it's possible (and sounds like) you have a boost leak. You could try getting a smoke test to see where the leak specifically is. Impressive Autowerk (Queens, NY) is running a June promotion for smoke test (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699220), $50. You could start there & find out if it's just a simple leak.

If there are no leaks, here's another thing to consider: Are you running a tune or anything? Reason why I ask is....
  • If you're completely stock, you can to any major indy -- I'd say start with the 2 shops that have race teams (VAC + Rogue Engineering) and then from there try places like ACM, AKM, Helix. I'm sure one of them would be able to successful cure a stock car.
  • If you're running a tune, try to go to a shop that is a licensed vendor. For example, I have a COBB tune and know that Akuma Motorsports (Woodbridge, NJ) is a COBB ProTuning facility. I'm not 100% sure who works directly with BMS/Vishnu, but if you call/check out each shops website you could find out.

Good luck & hope that helps.
Appreciate 0