E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone and USB Playback Problems

05-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
RustySTL
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW e92 M3

iPhone and USB Playback Problems

I've been having some issues with music playback from my iPhone through the USB cable recently. I can play Pandora and other streaming music through the cable just fine and I can play music files through bluetooth just fine, but I can't get the music files to play through the USB cable for some reason.

It would do it intermittantly before and I would mess with the bluetooth settings and plug and unplug the phone and it would eventually work. But now it's been a couple of days and still can't figure it out. I don't think it's the cable, but I'm going to try another one anyway. I'm also going to try someone else's phone to see if I can get it to play.

Anyone else see this? Have any suggestions to try? Maybe I have a setting wrong someplace, but can't find any setting really that should affect music playback.

I'm running IOS 5 on the iPhone and have updated the idrive phone software to the latest from bmwusa.com/update.

It's a 2011 M3, but I'm posting here since there are more 3 series owners here and may have seen the same issue.