F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canadian F30
Extreme Powerhouse

03-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Canadian F30

Hi guys,

I wanted to start a thread to help my fellow Canadian buyers find out exactly what to look for.

If you recently bought/ordered an F30, please tell us the following:

1.) which dealership you went to?
2.) finance or lease?
3.) if you financed or leased, what did you get? How much did you put down? What is the monthly you're paying? What was the final MSRP? BMWFS or was it a personal bank loan?

I have many friends and fellow colleagues on this forum looking to buy an F30 but confused on what to look for. Please give us a rough idea of what you ordered and which dealership you would prefer.

Thanks a lot! Hope to hear 'positive' replies...
      03-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
bosz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Ordered

Bump!
      03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
wilsonko
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i white on red

I will suggest your friend to get the 328i due to better mileage and decent engine power. I have been driving it for 2 weeks. A full tank of gas can keep me running for about530 kms( mix with gentle and aggressive driving). In terms of packages, I think your friend should opt out everything except for lane departure warning and heated steering wheel. I personally found these two unnecessary (mine is fully loaded). Also, if your friend is a driving enthusiast, he/she should definitely get the sport suspension since it is now available. Or get a good set of coilover afterwards(I'm planning on doing this). I'm more than happy to answer ur any concerns. Lastly, I live in Vancouver, and I got my car in Richmond auto west.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
wilsonko
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i white on red

Btw, your friend has to determine what line he/she prefers. Different lines come with different interior and exterior design. Mine is sportline.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonko
Btw, your friend has to determine what line he/she prefers. Different lines come with different interior and exterior design. Mine is sportline.
Hey, thanks bud!

So how much are u paying per month? Is it finance or lease? Did u put anything down?

Personally I was thinking of getting the 335i M Sport but that is now out of my budget. I'm considering the 328i M Sport, so just waiting for it to be released soon. I'm in Toronto...
      03-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
Ashbmw
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435 xdrive

Garage List
I just leased one from BMW of Mississauga
335i sportline in Alpine white with the premium package
Dealer said there was a autoshow promo to include the wear n tear for free basically they would cover any stone chips, wheel scratches and dents upto 7500 dollars at the end of the lease. also threw in the set of winter mats and trunk tray.

got the 39 month lease with 4.9 rate.
didn't go for the tire insurance

pm for the exact payments info I don't have it handy.
let me know if you are going to mississauga one.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
sun81
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Hi guys, I am thinking of going to BMW Mississauga as well, I will post all the relevant info if I decide to get a car there. Ash, any info you could provide would be great.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
F30.ca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

I spoke to a guy at Mississauga BMW through email. He was upfront and gave me his best offer he could do. I'm also closer to Budd's BMW but tried to get them to work with me through email since I hate going back and forth when I'm at the dealership but they would not even give me a number. I'm pretty sure when I order it will be from MIssissauga. I hate negotiating and i feel the offer they gave me was resonable (I know the dealership needs to make some money).
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbmw View Post
I just leased one from BMW of Mississauga
335i sportline in Alpine white with the premium package
Dealer said there was a autoshow promo to include the wear n tear for free basically they would cover any stone chips, wheel scratches and dents upto 7500 dollars at the end of the lease. also threw in the set of winter mats and trunk tray.

got the 39 month lease with 4.9 rate.
didn't go for the tire insurance

pm for the exact payments info I don't have it handy.
let me know if you are going to mississauga one.
What interior colour did you get? Post a few pics... I like the alpine white a lot. My go-to if the M sport package is too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30.ca View Post
I spoke to a guy at Mississauga BMW through email. He was upfront and gave me his best offer he could do. I'm also closer to Budd's BMW but tried to get them to work with me through email since I hate going back and forth when I'm at the dealership but they would not even give me a number. I'm pretty sure when I order it will be from MIssissauga. I hate negotiating and i feel the offer they gave me was resonable (I know the dealership needs to make some money).
Do you know who you were emailing at Budds? I thought that witht he experience and the volume they move, they'd be willing to make a deal any way they could. I am in London and BMW London seems to have no interest in adding me as a client unless I pay full sticker price....so I was tthinking of working with Budds...but maybe now I will look at Mississauga.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
CanadianDriver
Captain
Rep
Drives: P3D-

Quote:
maybe this guy can help you... no cost to you anyways.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/anyon...-read-1074069/
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
vols1
Rep
Drives: bmw

I am waiting for the x drive to arrive in the fall but have visited both Mississauga bmw and Budds in Oakville and of course haven't talked price. Budds customer service impressed me so much more than Mississauga. Rich Acosta at Budds took me on test drive and was very knowledgable. He also followed up with pricing for me before it was posted on this site, even though he knew I was interested in the x drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

My current Bimmer is from BMW Mississauga but I'm thinking of going to Autohaus.

I sent an email to one guy and he's been very polite and has responded to all my questions so far.

Mississauga is not bad...has anyone ordered yet? What are the monthly payments you got so far?
      03-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

...also does anyone know of a good AutoBody shop? If I don't get the M Sport, I plan on lowering my F30, getting a spoiler, blackening the kidney grills, etc.

Where should I go for good quality and economical prices?
      03-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
MLBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

320i

Has anyone tried the 2012 320i? Not offered in the US. I have not seen any reviews on this anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011335xiCoupeMW
Has anyone tried the 2012 320i? Not offered in the US. I have not seen any reviews on this anywhere.
That's a good question.

I haven't heard anything at all!
      03-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #16
Ashbmw
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435 xdrive

Garage List
i will post the pics soon... already got 2k in it as I have a project going on in st catharines so decided to get it to break in this way. This weekend is the tints - tints guy looked at my car and suggested 20% go all around but im not sure as i was going with 35 front and 20 rear n back...

question for you guys any recommendation for getting it detailed? heard from many ppl that i should get it detailed ??
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
i will post the pics soon... already got 2k in it as I have a project going on in st catharines so decided to get it to break in this way. This weekend is the tints - tints guy looked at my car and suggested 20% go all around but im not sure as i was going with 35 front and 20 rear n back...

question for you guys any recommendation for getting it detailed? heard from many ppl that i should get it detailed ??
Detailed already? As in cleaned?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #18
blindmule
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i sport

Quote:
i will post the pics soon... already got 2k in it as I have a project going on in st catharines so decided to get it to break in this way. This weekend is the tints - tints guy looked at my car and suggested 20% go all around but im not sure as i was going with 35 front and 20 rear
I'm picking up my F30 335i sport red in one week. Tinting is a personal prefererence. I like the look of 20% all around, but IMHO it impairs night vision and other drivers abilities to make eye contact with you (this happens a lot and is is part of safe driving). I'm going with 35/20.

I'm using georgian in Barrie. I live four hours north of TO, and using them solely because they are closest to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
F30.ca
Private First Class
Rep

I was wondering if most of the new purchases are leases or financed? I'm in the process of ordering 328i sportline in white but not sure if I should lease or buy since I've never owned a BMW not sure what maintanace cost are after the four years?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was wondering if most of the new purchases are leases or financed? I'm in the process of ordering 328i sportline in white but not sure if I should lease or buy since I've never owned a BMW not sure what maintanace cost are after the four years?
After 4 years, if something happens, you're in for a big bill....but that ges for any luxury brand.

For every BMW/Mercedes owner with a horror story, there's another who's never had an issue beyond scheduled maintenance....so it's a tough calll.

I'm driving a 10 year old Lexus with 3 pretty costly issues I know about, none of them are preventing me from driving or making the car unsafe, so I am not addressing them. It'd be 600 to fix one problem, around 800 for the other, and the third, I dont want to even know.

What I'd do is ask the dealership what it costs to fix or replace common things like filters, belts, etc. and find out what an engine tune up costs and how often they're needed. At least that will give you an idea of what to expect.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
F30.ca
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
After 4 years, if something happens, you're in for a big bill....but that ges for any luxury brand.

For every BMW/Mercedes owner with a horror story, there's another who's never had an issue beyond scheduled maintenance....so it's a tough calll.

I'm driving a 10 year old Lexus with 3 pretty costly issues I know about, none of them are preventing me from driving or making the car unsafe, so I am not addressing them. It'd be 600 to fix one problem, around 800 for the other, and the third, I dont want to even know.

What I'd do is ask the dealership what it costs to fix or replace common things like filters, belts, etc. and find out what an engine tune up costs and how often they're needed. At least that will give you an idea of what to expect.
Thanks for your input. I'm thinking since i put so little kms on the car it would be better to buy the car but on the other hand I could get a really good monthly payment on a lease since i'd be getting a 12k lease.

BTW tried to email the guy from redflag deals. He told me that he couldn't get a better deal than the one I have negotiated at Mississauga BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 03:03 AM   #22
bosz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Ordered

Quote:
Thanks for your input. I'm thinking since i put so little kms on the car it would be better to buy the car but on the other hand I could get a really good monthly payment on a lease since i'd be getting a 12k lease.

BTW tried to email the guy from redflag deals. He told me that he couldn't get a better deal than the one I have negotiated at Mississauga BMW.
Hey,

I tried to pm you but don't have the option for some reason. I'd really like to know what deal you got/are getting with BMW Sauga?

Thnx
Appreciate 0