E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Anyone ever ran a US Amp?

06-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

Anyone ever ran a US Amp?

I am just shopping around for an amp to push my MB Quart speakers, I have a JL amp pushing my sub, but wanted to see what else is out there for the components.

Here is what I was looking at
US AMPS XT1600.4 xTERMINATOR 4 CH 1600W AMPLIFIER

I don't know how/why it was posted 3x. Sorry

Last edited by jacksonjw81; 06-10-2007 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
avincar
Private
Rep
Drives: touring sedan

Meh. Why on earth would you think you needed a "1600W" amplifier for your components? They're 4", fer cryin'.

JL works - overpriced for its SQ, but it works. DLS is very good (CA41 is a great amp for the price), Alpine is OK, Zapco is great, Audison is great but expensive, ditto Genesis, ditto Brax/Helix. Arc Audio is OK, and 2007 RF Power amps are very good and small too.

MTX is probably OK. In today's world, prices are so low, I see no reason to go to the non-Alpine Japanese brands or the off-brands. If you were on a real budget, you'd be driving a used Sonata, right?
      06-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

JL is the only band of anything i will ever buy, even my home speakers are JL
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
avincar
Private
Rep

Wow... that's really too bad. You wouldn't consider Wilson Audio, Martin Logan, Thiel, Meridian, or any of the other speaker makers who have been excellent at home speakers for years and years?

I have brands I like a lot, and I have reasons for that - and I have brands I currently dislike a lot, and I have reasons for that, too. But things change, and if I don't, I'm screwed.

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"
      06-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by avincar View Post
Wow... that's really too bad. You wouldn't consider Wilson Audio, Martin Logan, Thiel, Meridian, or any of the other speaker makers who have been excellent at home speakers for years and years?

I have brands I like a lot, and I have reasons for that - and I have brands I currently dislike a lot, and I have reasons for that, too. But things change, and if I don't, I'm screwed.

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"
Thanks you really know your audio....
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
avincar
Private
Rep

Dude, do you have a means of de-processing the signal from the BMW amplifier? If you don't, your speakers are gonna sound like ass. (Unless you have a HU with balanced analog outputs, in which case you really don't want that US Amps, or any amp with a common-grounded input. You'll want a JL or a DLS or something with balanced-compatible inputs.)