E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Voice system speaker rattle/feedback?

06-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
M3350Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Voice system speaker rattle/feedback?

Hey guys. Just had my e92 tinted today 20% llumar all around (pics to come). Got the car back and noticed that using the voice system and making calls gives a strange feedback type noise from the speakers. This ONLY happens when using the voice system and not while listening to the stereo.

At first I thought maybe there was no solid seal since they took out the fuse for the driver window (to prevent the little opening and closing movement). However, I retested this with the door open and I'm still getting some kind of feedback from the voice system both when I hear someone from a call talking or when the guy is talking ("please say the name" "please say the number").

Are there separate speakers for the voice system and the sound system? Is anyone else experiencing this. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that I started noticing this right after I had the tint done but I called and asked and they did not take anything apart. They cut the tint in the line with the window. Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
M3350Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anyone? Is this something I should bring it back to the dealer for?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
M3350Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ok I figured out the rattling. It's the center front speaker that lies on top of the dash and under the windshield. When I hold it down, no more rattle. Again this only happens with the voice system and bluetooth. Any ideas for how to fix this rattling?
Appreciate 0