E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Indash CD Player on Restart

06-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
johnc_22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Indash CD Player on Restart

I've been using the in dash cd player as I've not yet had a chance to get the MOST iPod adapter installed (6FL was no available when I ordered). Every time I restart the car the CD player seems to have gone backwards on the disc a few songs. It never starts at the beginning of a song but somewhere in the middle of a song. For example if I'm halfway through track 11 and shut the car off, when I return it will start playing somewhere in track 8. I experienced this with a couple of different brand new studio CD's I just got from Amazon.

WTF?
      06-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
pacman
Lieutenant Colonel
India
Rep
Drives: 325i

wow.. this has never happened to me yet.... although there r times when the CD doesnot resume from the same point if i "turn off the player first" and then turn off the car... For eg: i'm halfway through song 8, i turn off the player then turn off the car.... next time when i turn on the player it is midway song 9"... this has happened to some other members too... i dunno if there was a solution to this yet....
      06-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Geoff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

have dealer check it out? perhaps it's just a programming problem.
2007 328i Sedan | Jet Black | Black Dakota | Aluminum Trim | Steptronic | Premium | Sport | Comfort Access | Xenon | Logic 7 | Clear Bra | Alarm | Chrome Tips | Black Lines | PIAA 6500K Angel Eyes | Nokya 7000K DRLs
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
OtuaCarGod
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: The nicest car on the lot...

Happened to me, too.

I got the newest update of iDrive, and the problem has gotten better, but now I have a totally different problem.

The CD that was in the player when they updated me has song titles on it. When I put in a CD that has song titles, they display on the screen, but any CD that doesn't have song titles on it, shows the song nams from that CD that was in the player when I got my software update... vary strange.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
johnc_22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtuaCarGod View Post
Happened to me, too.

I got the newest update of iDrive, and the problem has gotten better, but now I have a totally different problem.

The CD that was in the player when they updated me has song titles on it. When I put in a CD that has song titles, they display on the screen, but any CD that doesn't have song titles on it, shows the song nams from that CD that was in the player when I got my software update... vary strange.
When did you get the software update? I'm really kind of hesitant to let the dealer have my car even for a day, particularly for something that falls into the nuisance category rather than completely broken category.

My car was an 02/2007 build and was at the VPC from 5/1 to 5/14 or so, so whatever software the VPC was installing then is what I've got.

I also have an issue where when using Sirius, if I choose "All Channels" it won't let me scroll through all the channels. Grrr . . .

I'll probably get the iPod adapter installed pretty soon and so I may have them look at it then since I'll have to surrender the car anyway.
      06-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
OtuaCarGod
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
When did you get the software update? I'm really kind of hesitant to let the dealer have my car even for a day, particularly for something that falls into the nuisance category rather than completely broken category.

My car was an 02/2007 build and was at the VPC from 5/1 to 5/14 or so, so whatever software the VPC was installing then is what I've got.

I also have an issue where when using Sirius, if I choose "All Channels" it won't let me scroll through all the channels. Grrr . . .

I'll probably get the iPod adapter installed pretty soon and so I may have them look at it then since I'll have to surrender the car anyway.
My car was built late Feb, maybe early march. I got the update done a week or 2 ago. The worst part was for the day or 2 they had my car i was driving a kia sportge loaner...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #7
LI E90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
rrandyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtuaCarGod View Post
When I put in a CD that has song titles, they display on the screen, but any CD that doesn't have song titles on it, shows the song nams from that CD that was in the player when I got my software update... vary strange.
My RDS stopped working after the software was upgraded 3 weeks ago, and I have a similar symptom. Anytime I turn RDS on, I get the same random names for the preset radio stations.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
OtuaCarGod
Banned
United_States
Rep

yea I have the same issue, if a song by KISS were on when I turned on the RDS, next time I turn on the car, it'll say KISS, instead of whatever else is playing... it's odd
Appreciate 0