E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Blackberry Pearl BT Solution

05-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
yokozuna
hiro protagonist
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Blackberry Pearl BT Solution

I know a lot of people have been experiencing funkiness with pairing their Pearls to the E90/E92/etc. The first time I paired it, I had the same connect/disconnect issue that a lot of people were seeing; after reading here about address book issues I removed contacts to go from about 700 contacts/2000 numbers to about 300/900 and everything connected fine.

A short while ago, I started getting the same behavior, with no changes to the address book. I unpaired and re-paired many times via the tools:bluetooth menu, with no luck. Through some stroke of luck, I accidentally unhid the bluetooth setup icon and used that to pair the phone and it miraculously worked. I've repeated several times and had no issue getting the phone connected and address book transferred.

So, it seems that using the tools menu to connect the phone results in the bad behavior, but using the bluetooth setup application doesn't. I know it is hardly scientifically thorough, but hey, it's better than anything BMW or RIM have had to offer.

Let me know if this works for others...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

I have absolutely no problems connecting my Pearl with my E90. I have Progman 25.02 (not sure if that helps).

By the way do you have a problem with your Pearl making emergency calls even after the phone is locked. It happened to me too many times, and it really is driving me crazy.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
yokozuna
hiro protagonist
Rep

As I mentioned, mine worked out of the box, but inexplicably started exhibiting that connect/disconnect behavior that everyone seems to have (it's not pair/unpair, as many say). I don't have a problem with the e call, but I can see if you have the phone in your pocket or somewhere that the pearl will get bumped into a lot that it might become an issue.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the thing in a steady state; I added a couple of new contacts to my address book (in outlook) this weekend. The next time in the car, the phone wouldn't connect reliably again. The new contacts don't have any funky symbols (save for the + sign, which is in every one of my contacts)...so I'm at a loss again.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Alex H
Rep
Drives: E93, Sapphire + cream, ProNav,

Hi, I have an E93 and Pearl 8100, and when i try and do the transfer of my address book - I get as far as E and then it stops - 200 contacts max.

What's this Blouetooth setup icon?

Thanks

Alex
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
yokozuna
hiro protagonist
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex H View Post

What's this Blouetooth setup icon?
There is the bluetooth icon that turns it on and off, and then there is the similar icon with a gear in the bottom left corner; that is the setup icon. If you've changed your home page at all, it is likely hidden.

You know, it's funny. I unpaired and paired it again today, using the setup icon, and its working again. I get my whole phone book (currently 240 contacts and more than 700 #s) transferred no problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokozuna View Post
There is the bluetooth icon that turns it on and off, and then there is the similar icon with a gear in the bottom left corner; that is the setup icon. If you've changed your home page at all, it is likely hidden.

You know, it's funny. I unpaired and paired it again today, using the setup icon, and its working again. I get my whole phone book (currently 240 contacts and more than 700 #s) transferred no problem.
Dude you can't be honestly calling 700 phone #'s. Suzie who you met 4 years ago in a bar and haven't seen or talked to since can prolly be removed, along with about 500 other people. Trim that list buddy. Just cuz you can have 700+ phone #'s doesn't mean you need to fill it up haha.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #7
yokozuna
hiro protagonist
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Dude you can't be honestly calling 700 phone #'s. Suzie who you met 4 years ago in a bar and haven't seen or talked to since can prolly be removed, along with about 500 other people. Trim that list buddy. Just cuz you can have 700+ phone #'s doesn't mean you need to fill it up haha.
You have no idea...I started with over 1k contacts with probably more than 2500 #s. Its years and years of compilation. The real problem is that the people I tend to call have a work, home, cell, and fax number in there, so the total gets inflated quickly. Also, my BB syncs with exchange, so if I want a contact in there, it's on my BB.

Suzie gets a call every now and again, btw.
Appreciate 0