E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Monaco blue, sparkling graphite and jet black and interior pics

03-20-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
bimmerphreak
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci

Monaco blue, sparkling graphite and jet black and interior pics

Found these pics and comments by someone who visited a dealer while on business in Europe.

http://members.cox.net/e90/
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #2
spikes111
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Is it me, or does the non-leather interior look kinda cheap? Maybe it's just the flash washing everything out, but that interior didn't look very nice to me.
      03-21-2005, 05:17 AM   #3
a3ndy
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 330i SE

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
I believe that it does. I've seen both cloth and leather interior, and the cloth interior is a huge disappointment. It's seems such a shame to have a beautiful car with dull cloth interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
Daveop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 BMWs

The monaco blue looks so different in different lighting. Check these out... same color just different lighting. Looks great in the first photos, not so great under darker lighting.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
a3ndy
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Dave O,

It just goes to show that the lighting in auto shows etc play a big part in making the car colour look beautiful. When the car is in the Showrooms, it looks really shiny and glowing, but take it outside in the day light and it's a different story.

When I first saw the brochure, I loved the sparkling graphite colour, but uponn seeing it in real lighting conditions, I didn't like it very much, and felt that it didn't show off the car in a beautiful way. That's why I'm sticking with Titanium silver. My current car is in that colour, so I know what to expect. I just don't want to end up with a car colour that I'm not going to be 100% happy with. Certain colours like the Arktis metallic, may look darky grey in one light but then blue in another and even bluey green in some lighting condtions. I think the safe colours to go for are Titanium Silver or Black Saphire, but that's just my opinon.

Choose wisely poeple!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
1JB
Registered
Rep
Drives:

It looks like the interior of a VW to me; very cheap. Hopefully it will be better in person? I've got my heart set on a 330xi when they hit the states.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #7
bimmer06
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3ndy
Dave O,

It just goes to show that the lighting in auto shows etc play a big part in making the car colour look beautiful. When the car is in the Showrooms, it looks really shiny and glowing, but take it outside in the day light and it's a different story.

When I first saw the brochure, I loved the sparkling graphite colour, but uponn seeing it in real lighting conditions, I didn't like it very much, and felt that it didn't show off the car in a beautiful way. That's why I'm sticking with Titanium silver. My current car is in that colour, so I know what to expect. I just don't want to end up with a car colour that I'm not going to be 100% happy with. Certain colours like the Arktis metallic, may look darky grey in one light but then blue in another and even bluey green in some lighting condtions. I think the safe colours to go for are Titanium Silver or Black Saphire, but that's just my opinon.

Choose wisely poeple!
I am in the same situation as you. I currently own a 1999 silver 323i and am looking for a change even though I love Titanium Silver. I was looking at Sparkling Graphite with beige interior. What didn't you like about the SG? I have read on other forums the Titanium Silver looks longer, wider, lower, and sportier than Sparkling Graphite. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2005, 11:01 PM   #8
jpv-USC
Rep
Drives: 2003 325Cic, red/b

Sparkling graphite looks awesome to me. I haven't seen any real bad photos of it yet. I have a feeling it's gonna be like the most popular color. But maybe like a3ndy said it's different in person and under different lighting.
      03-22-2005, 05:02 AM   #9
a3ndy
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer06
I am in the same situation as you. I currently own a 1999 silver 323i and am looking for a change even though I love Titanium Silver. I was looking at Sparkling Graphite with beige interior. What didn't you like about the SG? I have read on other forums the Titanium Silver looks longer, wider, lower, and sportier than Sparkling Graphite. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bimmer, I was looking at SG with beige too just as in the official brochures. I saw a 1 series also in SG parked outside and it just didn't have the 'WOW' factor as silver or black would. It looked dull and lifeless. I think it only looks at its best when freshly washed and polished (I guess any car would). By all means it is a nice colour still, but not for me. I'm one of those people that has to be 100% happy with my choice otherwise I'll end up regretting it.

I read somewhere that the lighter colours on the E90 show off its new lines and shape better than darker colours would.

I'm sticking with safe Titanium Silver, show off every new sharp line and be proud of it
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
Anybody have photos of green with saddle interior ???
Appreciate 0