E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Voice command partially works

05-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
yok3
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Voice command partially works

Took delivery of my 335i with nav, 11th week production.

My voice command system partially works when I say things like "map", but when I try to speak a destination, such as "united states" it doesnt recognize it? It also does not recognize any letters or numbers spelled out in the street address.

I searched, but the posted problems all seems to be voice recognition not working at all, which is not my case as mine is partially working.

Is this one of those firmware issues?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yok3 View Post
Took delivery of my 335i with nav, 11th week production.

My voice command system partially works when I say things like "map", but when I try to speak a destination, such as "united states" it doesnt recognize it? It also does not recognize any letters or numbers spelled out in the street address.

I searched, but the posted problems all seems to be voice recognition not working at all, which is not my case as mine is partially working.

Is this one of those firmware issues?
Check out this old thread, which seems to relate to your issue (around p. 3 from a poster in South Africa, as well as the embedded link from a US poster). Not sure if it was ever worked out.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...voice+commands
      05-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
poiney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingai00
I have a Feb 2007 production car I just recently took delivery of. I also had the iPod adapter installed at the same time.

If I do:

>New Destination<
>Enter Address<
>City Spelling<

It responds with "Please use the controller to continue."

Surely I have the latest software installed, given my car was built in February. Any ideas?

Oh, and how can I check the software revision, btw?

I have this identical trouble, but seem to have less trouble when I make entries via address book, rather than destination. In that case, I sometimes make it the whole way. Here is a related one that may be of interest. I suspect that one reason not many others complain about this problem is because more users may use the display rather than the verbal command. At least you figured out to say "spelling".

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44492
Appreciate 0