BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > M-Flight

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
SymphOfEvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Which military sales dealer should I pick?

Hi everybody,
New to the forum. I figured it would be smarter to ask the experts than force myself through the trial and error process. I'm currently deployed to Iraq and have been saving up for an M3 (E90) for a while, but I only recently figured out how many options there are when it comes to military sales.
I've been talking to Bavarian Motor Cars, and am trying to get in contact with Pentagon Car Sales. The days are ticking away to the end of E90 production, and I don't want to pull the trigger through the wrong dealer because I was rushed. Can anybody offer insight on who to steer towards and who to avoid? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
OdomPHD
I break for no one
United_States
Rep
Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

Welcome, fellow soldier.

I've bought 2 BMWs from Sandy Sansing BMW just outside of NAS Pensacola in NW Florida. They've always given generous discounts for military members and it seems everyone aboard base who's dealt with them has also had a great experience. While they aren't strictly Military sales, you can call them at (850) 477-1855 and ask for Jurgen (Sales) and he should be able to provide any info you need when considering who to get your next BMW through.

Best of luck getting your new toy on order!!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
SymphOfEvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
I've bought 2 BMWs from Sandy Sansing BMW just outside of NAS Pensacola in NW Florida. They've always given generous discounts for military members ...
Thanks, Odom. Do you know if different dealers have different pricing lists or if they all go off the same "military and diplomatic sales u.s." guide that the BMC rep sent me?

Also, despite all the pilot hate I'm sure I'll incur, I must confess that despite my current sandiness I am actually a guest of the soldiers here on COB Speicher, and am a zoomie myself. Donned all my battle rattle for a 3-hour trip out in the heat to do a little gat-gat-gat at the range yesterday though... ugh, no thanks... God bless the ground pounders.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

I bought vehicles from each and another from Cars International. The sales people @ Bavarian flat out SUCK. If you go through them, buy from their sales manager. He's the only person I would buy a car from in Bavarian & I ended up buying my wifes 335d from him. Pentagon sponsers M-flight and is alright. I bought a M3 from them & know a few sales people there. Either go through Mathias or the sales manager, David.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
SymphOfEvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
The sales people @ Bavarian flat out SUCK. If you go through them, buy from their sales manager... Pentagon sponsers M-flight and is alright. I bought a M3 from them & know a few sales people there. Either go through Mathias or the sales manager, David.
Thanks, Moxie. I agree, I haven't been very impressed by Bavarian so far. Which one of the reps is the sales manager? I just had someone recommend Mathias at Pentagon to me today, but I didn't see anything on their site that would let me pick who I contacted so I just used the generic info request form. We'll see who gets back to me on Monday.

If you bought similar models, did you notice a difference in pricing between the vendors? I would assume they all are forced to use the same list by BMW, but I'm a total noob at this process.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Joe Cumiskey is the Bavarian Sales Manager - Phone: +49 931 27885 889
cumiskey@bavarianmotorcars.com

They give different amounts for your trade in.

Here's their stock list
http://www.bavarianmotorcars.com/bmw/stock.php

You may be able to negotiate off their stock list bit doubtful on an M3.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
BimmerJim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphOfEvil View Post
Thanks, Moxie. I agree, I haven't been very impressed by Bavarian so far. Which one of the reps is the sales manager? I just had someone recommend Mathias at Pentagon to me today, but I didn't see anything on their site that would let me pick who I contacted so I just used the generic info request form. We'll see who gets back to me on Monday.

If you bought similar models, did you notice a difference in pricing between the vendors? I would assume they all are forced to use the same list by BMW, but I'm a total noob at this process.
Mathias's email is mathias.hemmer@pentagoncarsales.com. He is my SA and he is dynamite. Good luck with the order.

"M-the most powerful Letter in the World"!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #8
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphOfEvil View Post
Hi everybody,
New to the forum. I figured it would be smarter to ask the experts than force myself through the trial and error process. I'm currently deployed to Iraq and have been saving up for an M3 (E90) for a while, but I only recently figured out how many options there are when it comes to military sales.
I've been talking to Bavarian Motor Cars, and am trying to get in contact with Pentagon Car Sales. The days are ticking away to the end of E90 production, and I don't want to pull the trigger through the wrong dealer because I was rushed. Can anybody offer insight on who to steer towards and who to avoid? Thanks!
I thought they stopped taking orders for E90s in June or July. If you can still order then go with Bavarian. I ordered through Pentagon and everything was great but you've already gotten the ball rolling with Bavarian so give them a shot to help you out. FWIW, everyone I know that's ordered from Bavarian AND Pentagon has been very happy with the level of service and their purchases.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #9
SymphOfEvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I thought they stopped taking orders for E90s in June or July...
Nope, the official word from both Bavarian and Pentagon is that there are still a few slots left (military sales has 5-7 left) for the month of September. Not sure how many are still allocated for non-military vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
If you can still order then go with Bavarian. I ordered through Pentagon and everything was great but you've already gotten the ball rolling with Bavarian so give them a shot to help you out. FWIW, everyone I know that's ordered from Bavarian AND Pentagon has been very happy with the level of service and their purchases.
I decided to go with Pentagon. The first CA I was trying to work with at Bavarian always took way too long to get back to me and rarely answered the questions from my emails when they finally did return them. Not sure what their main job is at Bavarian, but whatever it is it takes first priority for them over working as a CA.

The second CA I talked to at Bavarian was very helpful, mostly because they have been available to chat through Bavarian's live online customer service section, got quick answers to whatever questions I had that they couldn't answer on the spot, and sent me a very detailed price list. However, both quotes they sent back to me had the wrong options despite my very detailed instructions. After all the stories I've read on here about people finally getting their cars only to find the options were wrong, I'm not going to risk that. They were also adamant that BMW was requiring BMW Apps to be installed on any car that had BMW Assist on it (single option or packaged), which is incorrect first of all, plus there's no way I'm paying 250 bones for something I know isn't compatible with my Android phone.

Matthias at Pentagon, on the other hand, has been everything I expected (especially since so many folks have personally recommended him.) Everything is lined up, just waiting to hear back from the financing folks. Should have an order placed within a couple days!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
Yes Matthias is the man. So is David Baker - managing director. Both are M fanatics. Pentagon also has good connections with military oriented banks. They assisted with my loan 1.95% 60 mos through NFCU.

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
Mathias Hemmer
Rep
Drives: BMW 325 diesel sedan 2007

BMW M3

Hello to all you M3 fanatics out there!
Thank you very much for your positive feedback on my BMW service. I have been in BMW Military Sales with Pentagon Car Sales for over ten years and love my BMWs! The M3 is of course my most loved one and if you need help on getting one yourself, please let me know how I can be at your service. Best contact is my email at work. mathias.hemmer@pentagoncarsales.com

Thank you!
Matt
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Mathias and Pentago for the win!
      09-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
BimmerJim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias Hemmer View Post
Hello to all you M3 fanatics out there!
Thank you very much for your positive feedback on my BMW service. I have been in BMW Military Sales with Pentagon Car Sales for over ten years and love my BMWs! The M3 is of course my most loved one and if you need help on getting one yourself, please let me know how I can be at your service. Best contact is my email at work. mathias.hemmer@pentagoncarsales.com

Thank you!
Matt
Matt is the Man!!!!!!!

"M-the most powerful Letter in the World"!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #14
tiggers m3
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2012 ///M3 Coupe

I used Donovan Plummer here in Vicenza with Pentagon. Did a nice job. there's no haggling, and options are pretty clear cut. He works mainly with SCU for loans.
2004 MV Agusta F4 "SR" = SOLD - only 300 made worldwide, Sweet Bike
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #15
toddster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Buyer beware of Bavarian Motor Cars (BMC)!
BMC (Steve Garcia, Joe Cumiskey, and Margit Moreau) deceptively sold me a 2015 M3 for which they had no allocation. They did not disclose that fact and instead told me at the time of my order (over 5 mos ago), that it was accepted (Code 111)--when in raelity it was code 105. BMC took my 10% deposit and strung me along month after month, even refusing to cancel my order unless I paid 15% of the car's total value. BMC took 10 days to clear a USAA certified bank check for the balance then refused to provide a receipt for payment.
Bottom line, unless you desire and experience characterized by deception, delays, lost interest, etc., strongly recommend you not engage with their Military Sales.
Note. Joe Cumiskey, listed on BMC website as SA and/or Sales Manager is actually Vice President of BMC Ltd, and BMC GmbH, which are the same according to BMWNA. BMC USA also appears to be one in the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #16
K.M. Tim
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2011 M3  [2.00]
2012 BMW F30 w/ M S ...  [0.00]
Euler

Pentagon no longer sells BMW's- period. BMW Euler is the new military sales rep and a proud sponsor of ///MFlight.

Mathias's email is mathias.hemmer@pentagoncarsales.com. He is our SA and he is complete awesome.

Be safe and thanks for servicing our country.

Good luck with the order.