ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
ChicagoHokie
Rep
Drives: every day ;-)

Recommendable dealership in the Chicago area?

I just picked up a 2007 M Coupe and now I need to pick a dealership in the Chicago area. I live by Belmont and the lake and I work by Lemont (SouthWest of the city).

I heard bad things about Perillo. I don't mind driving to get to a good dealership. I am looking for a dealership that does good technical work. I don't care if they serve free coffee.

Thanks.
2005 Mazda 3 Hatch (wife's car)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

I've heard that Patrick in Schaumburg is the best in the area for service. I plan to take my car there next time I need something done under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

As with any dealership, you get the good with the bad. I've known some folks that brought their cars to Perillo and had no issue. Likewise, I've known some folks that went to Patrick and had issues.

That said, I bring my car to Patrick since I've been going there for the last decade. I usually try to have Al work on it, but he's usually busy on some project so that doesn't always happen. For SA, I'd recommend Aaron McCall. I've been going thru him ever since Chris and Mark ceased employment there. Aaron will do the 'dealership thing' but has been pretty fair so far.

On a side note, if anyone is looking to buy a Bimmer (new or used) and doesn't mind a trip to the city (Perillo), let me know. I can help foster getting a good deal.
      05-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
As with any dealership, you get the good with the bad. I've known some folks that brought their cars to Perillo and had no issue. Likewise, I've known some folks that went to Patrick and had issues.
Pretty much this. FWIW, never had a problem with Motorwerks service, except once they washed my car when I said no wash
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
...except once they washed my car when I said no wash
don't you hate that?
      06-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaliber View Post
I've heard that Patrick in Schaumburg is the best in the area for service. I plan to take my car there next time I need something done under warranty.
I've heard Patrick is the best as well, though I've always used Perillo since it's convenient to Lakeview. They've done okay for the most part, though I'm not particularly enamored of them. And seriously, how hard is it to NOT wash someone's car? Last time, they washed it within minutes of me telling them not to!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

^^^ I'm going to leave a sign on my dash. Need to go in for Inspection 1 soon.
      07-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoHokie View Post
I just picked up a 2007 M Coupe and now I need to pick a dealership in the Chicago area. I live by Belmont and the lake and I work by Lemont (SouthWest of the city).

I heard bad things about Perillo. I don't mind driving to get to a good dealership. I am looking for a dealership that does good technical work. I don't care if they serve free coffee.

Thanks.
I know we are a little far but if you are looking for any out of warranty work we can help you. We have the ability to do anything from Factory BMW intervals (valve adjustments), even factory BMW software updates, and any performance work if your looking into that.
Appreciate 0