E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > koni yellow & swift spring HPA coilover kit

01-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gray Coupe

koni yellow & swift spring HPA coilover kit

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
***** SOLD *******

These have been inspected by Harold at HPA - less than 5 k miles on them and they are good to go - great shape.

I will update with pictures by Super bowl Sunday. It's the HPA koni yellow / swift spring coilover setup on their website. They have less than 5 k miles and are pretty much new. The spring rates are very good for a dd but probably not stiff enough for a seriously tracked car - It's a comfortable and stable ride.

This retails at 1700 with them, I'll sell it shipped in the greater 48 states for $800. I have AST's on my car for more of a track type of setup with stiffer springs - reason for selling.

Swift springs are linear....They are far better than others... These are too soft for consistent tracking but great and perfect IMO for aggresive DD.

Last edited by Enicinitas; 02-07-2011 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: SOLD
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
e92sport
Captain
Rep
Drives: black e92 sport

Yea pictures please. I can't see myself spending $1k on with out looking at what I'm buying. It's different if you say they are brand new in the box but they are used.

Camera phone pics if fine and extremely fast/easy to do.
      01-19-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
are you willing to part with just the HPA conversion (minus the shocks)

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Pics coming

Some pics will be coming by tomorrow. I've been working way to much Sorry guys.

I'm also not willing at this point to part the CO kit.

If anyone wants to read about this kit check out the HPautowerks.com site.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
twinship
Booosted
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
What's the spring rate on your setup?

Did you use camber plates? (Asking because HP recommends them on their site.) If not, were you able to keep w/in spec?

Thx.
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, ER CP, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), Akebono pads, OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinship View Post
What's the spring rate on your setup?

Did you use camber plates? (Asking because HP recommends them on their site.) If not, were you able to keep w/in spec?

Thx.
+uno
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
KLin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Monaco Blue 335i

+1 Also interested in the spring rates and pictures.
      02-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Spring rates

I'm at work still -

I'll get pictures tomorrow AM.

As for the spring rates - swift has them in something I need to find the conversion for (i.e. - so it will read something like 800 / 400). That's not their rate btw - just an example. They are softer.

If you know the conversions then here is what the spring rates say (Front 060) (Rear 100).

As for the camber plates, I didn't have them with this setup. I do have them on my AST 4100's (Vorshlag) If I were to use these again I would do the camber plates for sure as I have M3 control arms and tension rods and it allowed them to be dialed in very well. (Yes b/f the m3 setup these were in spec).

In case you are curious, the road noise was what I was afraid of and is why I didn't get them with this setup. However, now that I have them, I can honestly say that I don't hear anymore noise than without them.

Thx.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #9
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So I confirmed with Harold today that the spring rates are 336 front and 580 rear.

Btw. Anyone local (so cal) that is 6mt and wants a great deal / no wait on a 6mt wavetrac LSD - that was installed by ER racewerks should contact me - pm please.

I did my taxes today - reason for no pics of CO's. I'm going to be able to get a truck and get out of this car. I didn't think it was financially possible. It suits my lifestyle more - as much fun as driving this car it's not a functional vehicle for getting to the beach etc.

My goal is to brin the car slowly back to stock. I will need your diff and you will pay for the install and it has to be done locally in SD. I know that's a pain, but the price should make up for it. Also, same thing will go for the rest of my fully bolted car. I gotta take it slow bc of a new job that I can't get away from. If you need reference on my sales pm me and I can send you people's names on this forum to verify my good seller status.

Thanks and I'll update this thread as I have time. Pm's will be replied 1st come 1st serve. Thanks for bearing with me so far
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

**** SOLD *****
Appreciate 0