E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Question regarding Prof. Navigation and CD Player

08-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
mobius
Rep
Drives: 320i due Oct 2005

Question regarding Prof. Navigation and CD Player

Hi all,

While I was ordering my car, my dealer informed me that cars with Professional Navigation did not get an in-dash CD player and instead he was going to fit in a 6 CD changer for me.

He showed me other E90s in the showroom with navigation which only had the DVD player for the Nav.

Still, it didn't sound right to me. Is what he told me correct?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
mobius
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Did the inside look like this? This pic is right from the BMW.au web site. However, I got the pic just in time because by a strange twist of fate, the site is down for maintence right at this very moment.

Sorry this is the best pic I could find of an interior shot. Like I said, as soon as I clicked back to their home page, I got a "site is down for scheduled maintence" message.

Check out the site when it gets back up.
The inside looked like this. (I got the picture from another thread posted by longtran) except that below the Air Con controls there was only a single slot for the DVD player.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 12:34 AM   #3
KillDork
First Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: E90 MY '06 320D

If it has a single slot it's the Navigation Business, not Professional.
It also has a smaller screen, 6.5" compared to 8.8" in Prefessional.
You will not get a map view, just arrows guiding you. Check this with your dealer. The price for this is a good deal lower than the Professional
Aluminium trim|black Dakota leather|Xenon|Comfort Access|Sports seats|Steptronic|iDrive Professional|Bluetooth|Voice|PDC front & rear|sun shade rear window & sides|auto dim outside & inside mirrors|Comfort|Dynamic|Advantage
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 02:05 AM   #4
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
mobius beat me to it. ahahahha. i was scrolling down and was about to post m pictures, but he beat me to it...thanks buddy.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 04:45 AM   #5
mobius
Rep

Thanks all for the info.

Now I'm not sure if I should inform my dealer about this since he said that they were going to fit a 6-CD Changer for me.

On the other hand I want to make sure I'm getting the Professional Navigation and not the Radio Navigation system.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
UK E91
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 320d SE

As KillDork says, Business (low level) navigation just has one drive (for navigation OR CD) whereas Professional Navigation has 2 drives - so you can do both at the same time. As is usual (in the UK at least) us well informed owners or perspective owners know more about the cars than the people paid to sell them!
Appreciate 0