BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Beware!!!!! New Camera Car In K-town

Guys and Gals,

Beware of this innocent little car which I saw on my way to Ramstein AB via the Einsiedlerhof road. the pic is when I was on my way back from RAB. I couldn't tell the model other than it was smaller than a Scion XB, is a 5 door hatch, Grey, has a hood and the plates started with "KUS".

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic as my wife was nervous when she took it since she was thinking that they would have snapped a pic of us taking a pic of them.

This is a new vehicle as they normally have a Gray Opel Vectra wagon, a white MB wagon, and some MB and VW vans in which they carry portable cameras in and park on the bridges and side roads with. Pls pass the word around.

Nick
      04-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

FYI... The Polizei change the plates on their camera blitz cars. Typically they have three plate sets - that they use on one photo car. All with different city letter codes.

Also most mobile camera cars will be parked PERFECTLY square to the side of the road. I dead give away. Any car with tinted windows and its probably taking pics. Esp when teh weather is warm and nice outside.

You can locate Blitzer's here ---> http://bilder.radarfalle.de/de

Just click on BILDER and then input your area landkries PLATE LETTERS. It will bring up many pics - taken by the Polizei themselves of how they GET US! Its really cool to see what weapons(cameras) they use against "us" speeders.

bye
David
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
FYI... The Polizei change the plates on their camera blitz cars. Typically they have three plate sets - that they use on one photo car. All with different city letter codes.

Also most mobile camera cars will be parked PERFECTLY square to the side of the road. I dead give away. Any car with tinted windows and its probably taking pics. Esp when teh weather is warm and nice outside.

You can locate Blitzer's here ---> http://bilder.radarfalle.de/de

Just click on BILDER and then input your area landkries PLATE LETTERS. It will bring up many pics - taken by the Polizei themselves of how they GET US! Its really cool to see what weapons(cameras) they use against "us" speeders.

bye
David
I didn't know that they changed their plates like that. Something new that i learn.

This one didn't have any tints at all. you could see the guy and the whole setup in the back. The Opel is the same way, but the MB wagon and the vans definetly have some serious limo tint on them.

I saw the website when you posted it on another thread. That is ALOT of great info. Thanks for sharing.

Nick
      04-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

In Bamberg there is a beige Opel Astra (late 1990's M.Y.) wagon. I have seen it with all sorts of tags: BA(Bamberg), KC (Kronach) and BT (Bayreuth) and a few DDR towns too.

When I drive to Graf... the BT Polizei use a little silver Skoda Fabia(polo size) four door wagon. It has tinted rear side windows, but the rear window is clear. It has some sort of tint inside up from of the rear section to make the inside dark. The rear glass window is clear for the camera and flash units.

What you have to be carefull is that they only have a few photo cars... but these cars do get around! I have seen the beige wagon all over teh place. In "little swiss" and in BA city! The BT car I have seen in numerous places too. Most of the time I see it on the A9 (direction Nurnberg) in the Bayreuth exit area. I always see it just before that tunnel on the A9 just south of BT. Its bc the autobahn goes from no limit to 100 to 120 and then back down to 100 and 80 JUST before where that tunnel and photo car parks in the center lanes of the autobahn. They hide it in a break down lane area. Sneaky.

Sometimes under cover of darkness - I like to drive past my local Polizei's parking lot to see what kind of cars they are driving!

bye
David
Appreciate 0