E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hit and Run

03-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i mSport/ POR 993

Hit and Run

Just saw the youtube video re Golf vs BMW. Tell you what is worst - hit and run! And it happened to me just this Wednesday!! I am absolutely pissed off!

I just parked the car near some public parking near my parents house and when I returned after 20 mins, the front bumper is damaged!!!!!!!! Vandalised!!! You can imagine the fury I have. I already parked very sensibly with sufficient spacing between the front and rear cars. How the heck the car in front hit me I am not sure and the damage it caused is quite severe. The bumper is a touch distorted and it broke the tiny piece of plastic at the front where you normally open to tow the car. Lucky the headlight casing is OK, otherwise it would be more costly to repair!

These people have no clue, do they know that they have commited a criminal offence?! I was so tempted to report to the police but after calming down a touch, what can they do? Certainly can't recall the license plate no of the car in front, except it is a taxi, and in any case, you are not sure whether it is the taxi which bumped into you. I just need to pay for the god damn repair myself!

Well what more can I say?!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: mostly NA, sometimes turbo

unlucky man!!!!

but sth even worst happen to me, i park my 530 in MK ,Kong wai street, with no car at in the front of me, and back as well. after 30min back, my whole rear is damaged, it must be some really tall car which hitted me and run!! i assume either MLwith spare wheel, Cayenne, X5 or some truck

my whole rear is damaged including: the Boot near the BMW logo is all damaged with a deep cave in it, the spoiler is damaged, the rear bumper crack, and my rear diffuser are crack as well!!!

at the end it cost me around 20000ish to get all fixed
all rear bumper, diffuser, and spiler are replaced,but the boot has been repaired
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

And I thought I got it bad! It must be so painful for you when you first saw it. I am not sure my final bill but hopefully not too much as I decided to go to an outside garage to have the parts fixed rather than back to the dealer. Plus I needed to get it fixed staright away, just don't want to see it in such a sorry state at the front.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
phawx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92/FG2

If I saw this message earlier, I woulda told you to go for an M3 style front bumper
Woulda made this incident a lot more "worthwhile" I suppose...

(Click on sig for my car's development thread)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

The thing is - I already have the kit installed. So the bumper is the M3 style one. Very painful to see!
Appreciate 0