E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Experience mechanic

02-02-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Experience mechanic

Hi to all C-hing. I'm new to forum and need advise/recommendation for any good experience, dependable garage/mechanic with reasonable price for modifying/working on 335. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Welcome onboard ^ ^
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
335 is fun to drive and mod I know guys/gals here with 335 will love to share with your their experiences - good and bad ones.
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Wolfman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

What sort of mods do you have in mind for your 335i? Tai Hang (next to the Chinese Recreation CLub) has lots of garages, but not sure if they are specifically for bmw 335is. You can maybe contact Alpina, Dinan, Hamann and Hartge directly through their websites, not sure if they are available in HK, but they are the most reputable tuner companies I know-some with even warranty included.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the inputs.
Mod that I'm thinking of: FMIC, DP, coil over,... I'm looking for someone with good workmanship and experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
whiteboard
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Black/Black

Auto stops vary in HK, and is very personal preference where to go. As long as the mechanic is knowledgeable and the shop is clean and tidy, I guess is fine. I normally go to different shops for different mod, but unfortunately never try once in Tai Hang, not sure if there is any good one. I also prefer order parts myself from different sources, as shops will charge premium if they order/ install for u.

Suggest to narrow down your to mod list ... then may chip in some advice for u!

FMIC & DP I ordered directly from US ... it really depends on which brand u looking to put on?
Coilover just order from HK ... HR/ PSS10/ KW ... etc

Not all the products are cheaper online, if you order online directly, they might give u full retail price … if there is dealer in HK for that particular brand, order from them will be cheaper as they have some discounts from distributors upfront.
2008 E90 335i / Black in black / PROcede (Professional) / M aerodynamic package with Hamann front spoilers, rear diffuser & roof spoiler / M3 mirrors / vented hood / 19" BBS LM-R + Pilot super sport / Alcon brake kit 6F/4R / Bilstein PSS10 / H&R sway bars / Front tower bar / Quaife LSD / GruppeM airbox / Forge DV / Okada ignition coils / AR Design turbo downpipes with race cats, Supersprint connecting pipes, X pipes and Hamann rear muffler / Spearco intercooler / modified oil cooler
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #7
m3forever123
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

335iDCT-You forgot to mention how much you plan to spent on your mods. Your budget largely determines the quality of service you will get.

Whiteboard-How do you know tai hang have no good ones if you haven't been there? Just asking. There is a decent one I know in Kowloon. But it's a bit pricey. Which is why giving a $ figure is important.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #8
whiteboard
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Black/Black

yes hahaha ... thats why I said I m NOT sure if there is any good one.
I have driven so many cars in HK in the past decade, I normally will mod heavily on every one of them, although I have tried so many shops in the past but just didnt try anyone in Tai Hang or even no body recommend me to go there ... strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3forever123 View Post
335iDCT-You forgot to mention how much you plan to spent on your mods. Your budget largely determines the quality of service you will get.

Whiteboard-How do you know tai hang have no good ones if you haven't been there? Just asking. There is a decent one I know in Kowloon. But it's a bit pricey. Which is why giving a $ figure is important.
2008 E90 335i / Black in black / PROcede (Professional) / M aerodynamic package with Hamann front spoilers, rear diffuser & roof spoiler / M3 mirrors / vented hood / 19" BBS LM-R + Pilot super sport / Alcon brake kit 6F/4R / Bilstein PSS10 / H&R sway bars / Front tower bar / Quaife LSD / GruppeM airbox / Forge DV / Okada ignition coils / AR Design turbo downpipes with race cats, Supersprint connecting pipes, X pipes and Hamann rear muffler / Spearco intercooler / modified oil cooler
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #9
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

Ordering the parts locally or from oversea is one thing, having someone experienced to install them is anther; especially when we come across those not exactly 'bolt-on' parts - FMIC, oil cooler,...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #10
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I have good garage which has fixed and installed a lot of 335i before, and they know how to mod your bmw.

FMIC now we are planning to order from Barry at Sweden, this IC is racing-grade IC and price is almost the same as brand's IC, but the core is made in Europe, not like other companies they claimed that made in US but fially the core still made in China.

Downpipe (DP) I have ordered from a China factory which this factory is mainly produced DP and exhausts for overseas especially for GTR35, I believed his quality is international grade.

335iDCT, do your car is still under warranty? Or your car is 2nd hand without bmw's warranty? If your car is still under warranty, I recommend you just mod for bodykit, coilover, brake and wheel first, you can mod for ECU, pulley, DP, exhaust and others later on unless you don't care about the warranty, or, you don't bother to recover the stock's installations for sending back your bimmer to claim for warranty from BMW.

For your opinion, my car is still under warranty, but I will recover to stock's installation once I want to claim for warranty, except my wheels, coilover, bodykit as well as brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

Renus, thank you for your advise. I'm also following your IC from Sweden and DP from china
Yes, my car is fairly new and still under waranty, I wasn't planning to touch the ecu or DP until after initial 12 months. Sometimes it is not that easy to fall back to original for warranty sake. I have wheels on already, brake and coilover are next.
Appreciate 0