E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Roll the fenders

01-07-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
gn02931341
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 335i

Roll the fenders

Hi All,

I am plan to put below rim size to my E92 335i, can anyone advise do i need to roll the fenders? also...can anyone advise any good shop to roll the fender?

PS: what is the chinese of roll the fenders?

Tire size: 235/35/19 front 265/30/19 rear
Rim size: Front 8.5j rear 9.5j, Front 32 rear 25 offset

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 04:11 AM   #2
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: White E92 335I Coupe

I would like to share my set up for your calculation..........E92 335 and tyres size same as yours but mine is running 19" x8.5" front but rear is 19"x10", no spacer needed with perfect offset!! However, I don't have the offset due to I-Forged never disclosed their off-sets but keep it as secret whereas, they claimed its unique of customs made manufacturing nature, the buyer can design their appearance....more inside/outside of the Fenders!!

I believe it is depends on what brand of tyres you are going to buy and whilst, even the same size of tyres with different design & brand names, the result will be different though!! B/4 I used a set of Falken w/ the rear as 275/30/19, no rubbing at all! Then, changed a set of PS2 w/ 265/30/19 rear and as well, no rubbing at all. After I changed to AD08 and the rubbing on the rear is crazy even though, the tyres size are same as 265/30/19 whereby, I have to roll fender for the rear in view of the AD08 is a square type of tyres with thicker side wall to protect the rims + claimed to be better on turns with thicker side walls!!

Hope, I did answer your queries with my personal experience to tell you the fact!

Matthew
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!

Last edited by 335 Freak; 01-08-2010 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Minichamps
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Delivered June 27 '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Freak View Post
I would like to share my set up for your calculation..........E92 335 and tires size is the same as yours but mine is running 19x8.5" front and rear is 19x10", no spacer needed with perfect offset!! However, I don't have the offset due to I-Forged never disclosed their off-sets but keep it as secret in refer to its customs made manufacturing nature!!

I believe it is depends on what brand of tires you are going to buy and whilst, even the same size of tires with different design & brand names, the result will be different!! B/4 I used a set of Falken w/ the rear as 275/30/19, no rubbing at all! Then, changed a set of PS2 w/ 265/30/19 rear and as well, no rubbing at all. After I changed to AD08 and the rubbing on the rear is crazy even though, the tires size is only 265/30/19whereby, I have to roll fender for the rear in view of the AD08 is a square type of tires with thicker side wall to protect the rims!!

Hope, I did answer your queries with my personal experience to tell you the fact!

Matthew
OMG you are using 3rd set of tyre already.
      01-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minichamps View Post
OMG you are using 3rd set of tyre already.
Firstly, I bought a set of Breyton GTS 19" wheels w/ the PS2 tyres together but then, found out the PS2 not matching the chipped 335 due to its no warning (Screaming) sound speacialty b/4 reached the limt! I've experienced the tyres keep on siliding w/ DTC keep on flashing while stepping on the gas pedals during uphill at TKO Tunnel, heading to Kwun Tong's direction!! Gosh, scary...... I sold the whole set to an E46 M3 owner who was in love of my wheels + Big Fan of PS2!! I merely used that set of wheels/tyres for 2 months w/ less than 3,000km being used!

I ordered the I-Forged and then, decided to jump for the Falken in light of its popularity within the Bimmer community in the States....then, disappointed again w/ the result of dry road is good but during raining days, feels like on ice... Then finally, have to go to the road of AD08 and happy with it now..
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!

Last edited by 335 Freak; 01-08-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
ny911
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: R35/981 CS

Quote:
Firstly, I bought a set of Breyton GTS 19" wheels w/ the PS2 tires together but then, found out the PS2 no matching the chipped 335 due to its no warning sound nature b/4 reached the limt! I've experienced the tires keep on siliding w/ DSC keep on flashing on my uphill at TKO Tunnel heading to Kwun Tong's entrance!! Gosh, scary...... I sold the whole set to an E46 M3 owner as he love my wheels very much and also, the PS2!! I merely used that set of wheels/tires for 2 months w/ less than 3,000kms being used!

I ordered the I-Forged and then, jumped for the Falken in light of its popularity within the bimmer community in the States....then, disappointed again w/ the result of dry road is good but during raining days, feels like on ice... Then finally, have to go to the road of AD08 and happy with it now..
AD08 is also quite so so under wet comparing with PS2.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
94WK15
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 330

I hear PS2 is still the best overall

You don't want to roll your fender.
If possible avoid it, it doesn't look as nice in my opinion.
You can see when a car has rolled its fender.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #7
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I am using 19 x 8.5J and 19 x 10J ForgeStar wheels, maybe the problem of AD08, my rear tyres have hit my fenders, so, I had done something on it but not roll, hammer it with heat till it almost as flat as the edge of fender. So, I can even lower down my rear with extra 1cm besides I had lowered my car from stock's height almost in 2cm, then totally 3cm has lowered. But, I will lower again the rear with 3 or 5mm later on I think.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #8
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
AD08 is also quite so so under wet comparing with PS2.
In reality, PS2 & AD08 are both no good on wet whereas, the AD08 can handle the excessive torque better than the PS2 in according to my personal experiences drove on both! Besides, if you experienced the car is willing to spin but the DTC keep on flashing w/ the vehicle not moving....then, you can understand why I was fed up w/ the PS2 but vote for AD08......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94WK15 View Post
I hear PS2 is still the best overall. You don't want to roll your fender. If possible avoid it, it doesn't look as nice in my opinion.
You can see when a car has rolled its fender.
My car's rear fenders were rolled and whilst, roll is ok w/o re-paint job needed if the tyre shop has the roller and the technicians are doing it gently by taking more time, for more rolls!!

Renus's 335 is not just rolled but hammer the fenders as well!! Thus, this is difference!!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #9
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

I have the same tires as yours: iForged 19x10 with AD08, and going to lowered w/ coilover. Will giving more -ve camber resolve the rubbing? If rolling fender really needed, any shops suggested?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iDCT View Post
I have the same tires as yours: iForged 19x10 with AD08, and going to lowered w/ coilover. Will giving more -ve camber resolve the rubbing? If rolling fender really needed, any shops suggested?
As the big fans of I-Forged myself, I believe your is also customs made w/ perfect offset, right?? As of the chamber issue, my rear rubbing issue was even worst after I did the alignment w/ v chamber set as +0.6 on my rear.... I windup cutting the mud flip inside to avoid the scratch and as well, roller the fender even more!! Believe no one wanted to adjust an off chamber just to resolve rubbing?? Perhaps, my problem was due to my rear AP 4 pot with thicker wheel disc and as well, my upgrade of M3 rear suspension kits for stronger bushing support which made the variances more serious than others...just my 02 cents!!

As of the roll fender work, I was doing it in the first place by Advan Shop in Tin Hau as they are the I-Forged Official Dealer in HK!! Were you ordered yr I-Forged from them??? If so, asked them to fix the issue after the C/O lowering and Alignment done if rubbing occurred!! Hope my painful experiences can ease yr concern....

Last edited by 335 Freak; 02-24-2010 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

I thought it should be -ve camber to avoid the rubbing; not +ve. So changing to bigger brakes made it worse as I'm going to upgrade 6/4 pots brakes too. I guess rolling the fender is the only way out.
Yes, I purchased mine from Advan Shop. Can they do the fender rolling job good enough? Do I have to repaint it afterwards?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 03:31 AM   #12
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep

Hi,

Roll the fender doesn't need the re-paint job..... Joe of Advan Shop knows my ride and as well, those two techinicians....they did a very good job for me and whilst, even used a piece of paper help me measure with the toughest body roll angle if the fenders will be rubbing.... if you plan to do the 4 pot on the rear....wait until it installed to do the rolling fender work as the rear disc will definitely make the rubbing worst than b/4....at the end of the day, it is a HK local made disc and hub centric...thus, it cannot be perfect...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

Yes, I talked to Joe today and he said he can roll it for me, if necessary.
BTW, where did u get your rear AP brake from? I know original AP does not make the rear disc as a set. Also, does changing to big brake really make a big difference since the disc size is only ~15mm bigger?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
ah gon
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Quote:
Yes, I talked to Joe today and he said he can roll it for me, if necessary.
BTW, where did u get your rear AP brake from? I know original AP does not make the rear disc as a set. Also, does changing to big brake really make a big difference since the disc size is only ~15mm bigger?
it not only counting on the size! the bbk also have more powerful than stock.
the oem front bmw performance bbk's disc is smaller than 335i front disc.but it have 6 pot smaller size piston,the oem just have 2 bigger pot piston.i believe the performance bbk will stop faster than oem one.
      02-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
phawx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92/FG2

Quote:
Hi,

Roll the fender doesn't need the re-paint job..... Joe of Advan Shop knows my ride and as well, those two techinicians....they did a very good job for me and whilst, even used a piece of paper help me measure with the toughest body roll angle if the fenders will be rubbing.... if you plan to do the 4 pot on the rear....wait until it installed to do the rolling fender work as the rear disc will definitely make the rubbing worst than b/4....at the end of the day, it is a HK local made disc and hub centric...thus, it cannot be perfect...
Hi there Si Hing, I'm interested in rolling my fender as well. I put in Advan RS 19" with AD08, and the rear is currently rubbing like mad. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that installing BBK will make the rubbing worse? Does BBK change the hub offset when you install the disc, pushing the rim further out?

(Click on sig for my car's development thread)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #16
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

335 Freak
Since I'm having the same wheel/tire as yours, does it need spacer to clear the coilover? I'm thinking of changing to Sachs or KW coilover, someone told me I may need to add spacer for clearance.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #17
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep

I did the fender both in rolling and hammer before, if you guys need more info., I am love to share too ^ ^
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
gn02931341
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
I did the fender both in rolling and hammer before, if you guys need more info., I am love to share too ^ ^
Can you post some pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #19
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn02931341 View Post
Can you post some pics?

You can't see the difference from the photo, it is hided inside, you should feel yourself by your hand, some buddies have felt it tonight during the gathering ^ ^
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

335 Freak
Since I'm having the same wheel/tire as yours, does it need spacer to clear the coilover? I'm thinking of changing to Sachs or KW coilover, someone told me I may need to add spacer for clearance.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
335 Freak
As you may aware, I-Forged came with perfect fit customs offset to fit your ride so long as you've ordered your I-Forged with the proper vehicle model specified clearly! Of course, E90 I-Forged will have problem to fit E92 due to the perfect customs offset as I mentioned! Thus, no spacer is needed even though with the C/O set up!! I have my C/O installed and the rubbing issue wasn't occured with the C/O after installation but instead, upon I re-installed the 4 pot rear BBK!!

If you are not a progressive type of person and still demand certain ride comfort, Sachs is a good option!! KW V1 and V2 are not very good in long term usage whereas, V3 is the only option to go for...But you shouldn't spent the extra for something you won't be yield for the best output though...... the choice is yours and above is merely my 02 cents......

Quote:
Originally Posted by phawx View Post
Hi there Si Hing, I'm interested in rolling my fender as well. I put in Advan RS 19" with AD08, and the rear is currently rubbing like mad. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that installing BBK will make the rubbing worse? Does BBK change the hub offset when you install the disc, pushing the rim further out?
Nope... the BBK won't be changing the offset much whereas, the hub centric will get thicker and bigger so to speak....then, your rear wheels will be more out touching the fender which caused serious rubbing issue afterwards!! If you don't have any of rubbing problem, you may query the disc quality of what you've purchased.........
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #22
335iDCT
Private First Class
Rep

With iForged, I already have one rear side slight rubbing the inner panel of the fender when going over a bump in medium speed and the front really flush with the fender.
Now I'm going for C/O with lowering, which some people souggesting spacers for the front maybe needed in order to clear the new spring perch. If so, then the front will be rubbing the fender for sure, and I have to roll all 4 fenders!!!!
Appreciate 0