BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
fshlee
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i BSM/CR

Tirerack and UPS experience

So I order some wheels and tires from Tirerack, got a ding on the wheel, asked for a replacement, and they sent it over and everything was great. Then there comes the problems...as I was still waiting for the shipping and packaging materials, UPS shows up and of course, I don't have the shipping materials, so I had to call Tire Rack back, get some shipping materials sent. Got the material, packed it up, and then UPS shows up. Then there is another problem. Since I'm not home during the day and it's not exactly safe to just leave the wheel outside, I called UPS to setup another day for pickup. To my surprise, they said no. So I called Tire Rack, and they said that's not right, so the Tire Rack rep called UPS, and to her surprise, when a call tag goes out, they will come 3 times, 3 consecutive days, and it cannot be deviated. So now I am stuck. I am only off on Fridays, UPS does not come on Saturdays, and Tire Rack rep told me there is no guarantee when UPS will come as their first day of attempt. I was like, what kind of BS is this? And apparently my only other option is to leave the wheel outside, or ask the driver to drop off the tag and I have to bring the wheel to UPS myself. Just because of this, it made my Tire Rack experience not completely satisfied, although UPS is part of the problem. Anyone has this problem?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
morscode
Got Boost?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 x3 m40i

Why don't you take it to a UPS store?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Lionel Hutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

I had a similar experience. TireRack kept failing to send me repacking materials, but kept sending UPS out for pickup anyhow. I think they probably came by my house 7-8 times looking for the wheels before I got my repacking materials. I even got a nasty email from a customer service rep asking why I hadn't returned the wheels. Then I had to wait another week once TireRack reissued the pickup tag. Their return process needs some tuning up.

What you should do is have TireRack reissue the pickup, have UPS make one pickup attempt so you know when they will be out, then call UPS and try to set up a time window for the following day.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
fshlee
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i BSM/CR

I didn't bring it to UPS because I just don't have the time for that. UPS should be coming to the house and pick up. It's not like I am requesting a particular time of the day, I just wanted them to try coming on Friday and I'll be more than happy to wait the whole day for them. They are just not flexible.

What got me boiling was when I talked to the Tire Rack rep yesterday and she said she'll send out a call tag, but no guarantee that they will come today. If UPS does not show up, then I'll have to either leave it outside somewhere "safe" (which I will be responsible for if it gets stolen), or bring it to UPS myself.

Anyway, the UPS guy just came...AND the stupid thing was, he did not ring the door bell, just left a note. Good thing my dog barked, and so it took me literally 10 seconds to get to the door and the driver was already in his truck driving away. I had to yell so he would come back to finally pick up the damn tire and wheel. WTF is wrong brown?

Done venting.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

I'm sorry the pick up process did not work well for you. Many people find it very inconvenient to wait around all day for the UPS driver. That's why many leave the product outside in a safe location for the driver to pick up at his convenience.

Gill

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0