E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > FS: E92 Vorsteiner vented hood painted AW

10-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
BimmerJack
newborn bimmer patriot
Rep
Drives: E92

FS: E92 Vorsteiner vented hood painted AW

I'm helping a friend to sell his authentic Vorsteiner single sided CF hood here. It's not those made in china piece of crap that you get it from car8.com for 3Ks. It's quality stuff designed and made by the popular brand name Vorsteiner. My friend spent a solid $3500 paint job on this hood to make sure it is as close as genuine BMW factory paint quality. As the topic said, it is painted as Alphine White. Below is a photo of how the hood is painted, everything is painted except the two side vents. I dare to say the condition of this hood is perfect, there is NO stone chip or anything wrong on this hood because it has been shown as a demo item hanging in the garage. Asking for $12k obo, this price should be very reasonable for a perfect condition painted CF hood. No LOWBALLER and serious buyer only.

(Picture is from another member in the forum)
and more's coming...

Last edited by BimmerJack; 01-24-2010 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
oel
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' E90 335i, 13' E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
i know someone interested...
PM me your contact please.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 03:59 AM   #3
iceriver
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Evo/s2k/z4m/335i/e92 m3/nsx

don't wanna be a bitch but vorsteiner is definetly not a quality stuff. Beside, china makes better exterior parts than taiwan nowdays
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
BimmerJack
newborn bimmer patriot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceriver View Post
don't wanna be a bitch but vorsteiner is definetly not a quality stuff. Beside, china makes better exterior parts than taiwan nowdays
Are you comparing Vorsteiner with OEM quality? I have Vorsteiner CF trunk and I'm very happy with its quality and fitment. I can hardly think of any other brands that I can get in Hong Kong that can match the quality of Vorsteiner. I would love to know which China made exterior parts have such superior quality. Please let me know.
and more's coming...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: White E92 335I Coupe

Jack,

We had a discussion earlier on this, please check with your friend the final/final and as mentioned, the best buyers for this hood will be the one with AW color like me.... Or else, paying the paint job and everything will make the price less tempting..not that your friend's offering is not good enough!!
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
hahayan
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0 Si Coupe

any install example at Hong Kong ?

u have more photo ?..thx..it seem lovely..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Hey Jack, does this CF bonnet is in single or double layer?? Is it the dry-fibre???
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Freak View Post
Jack,

We had a discussion earlier on this, please check with your friend the final/final and as mentioned, the best buyers for this hood will be the one with AW color like me.... Or else, paying the paint job and everything will make the price less tempting..not that your friend's offering is not good enough!!

Hi 335 freak buddy, can you please explane the below items?? As I got no idea what are them, thannks ^ ^

JB3 w/ 1.4 - Running Map 5, Stett Charge Pipe BOV, Stett CAI
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Nice hood
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #10
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Hi 335 freak buddy, can you please explane the below items?? As I got no idea what are them, thannks ^ ^

JB3 w/ 1.4 - Running Map 5, Stett Charge Pipe BOV, Stett CAI
Hi Renus,

I have a piggyback chip in my 335, the name of the tuner is burger tunning. There have different type of piggyback and the highest version is called, JB3 and whilst, Terry always update his chip in a periodical basis. The latest one is the 1.4 but I already got a new chip from Terry which is a 1.5 beta version with much more smoother and power on the low rev than the previous version of 1.2, 1.3 or even the 1.4 version!! Here is the website of Burger and you can reach out to Terry and he is super helpful!! All tooshe chips came with 15 different maps which means, different settings from low boost to high boost...you can adjust the map to find the one suiting your mod, driving habit, fuel quality and also, weather conditions!! This is what I like about JB3 which having different settings for the user to adjust rather than one program for all.....

http://www.burgertuning.com/index.html

Stett performance is a specialize Bimmer car tuner in which, most of their products are handmade by Chad, the owner of this Tuner!! When you open your hood, you will see a plastic pipe connected with the DV in our 335 cars, change for a stainless steel pipe can avoid any chipped car cause any boost leak due to the OEM plastic pipe is very soft!! BOV means blow off valve and the pipe came with the BOV to replace the OEM 2 DVs - Diverter Valves!! Besides, they also make the CAI - Cold Air Intake and Big Intercooler!! I did some research and found out their charge pipe, CAI and intercooler is one of the best among all tuners!! However, the waiting time is a bit long though!! This is the website of Stett, you can contact Chad direct and he is very patient to tell you all the steps!!

http://www.shop.stettperformance.com/main.sc

My next mod is going to be replacing the Down-pipe as I alreay installed the BMS 02 fix from Terry of Burger and as such, I can run catless DP setting without throwing any code when the 02 simes connected to the DP has been shut off which won't be working in my car anymore!!! One of my Buddies just installed the DP and LSD on his E91 335, he is a killer for those M3 E90/92 cars on low rev.......... of course, high rev cannot compare to the V8 engine power.....

Let me know if there is anything unclear???

Matthew
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
BimmerJack
newborn bimmer patriot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Hey Jack, does this CF bonnet is in single or double layer?? Is it the dry-fibre???
It's single sided CF (Most people are getting single sided because double sided is only for the cosmetic purpose when you open the hood, maybe useful in a car show). And yes, i believe it's dry carbon fibre according to Vorsteiner official site it is "high temperature vacuumed carbon fiber reinforcement plastic (CFRP)". As I know high temperature vacuumed process is to make dry CF.
and more's coming...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 05:17 AM   #12
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Freak View Post
Hi Renus,

I have a piggyback chip in my 335, the name of the tuner is burger tunning. There have different type of piggyback and the highest version is called, JB3 and whilst, Terry always update his chip in a periodical basis. The latest one is the 1.4 but I already got a new chip from Terry which is a 1.5 beta version with much more smoother and power on the low rev than the previous version of 1.2, 1.3 or even the 1.4 version!! Here is the website of Burger and you can reach out to Terry and he is super helpful!! All tooshe chips came with 15 different maps which means, different settings from low boost to high boost...you can adjust the map to find the one suiting your mod, driving habit, fuel quality and also, weather conditions!! This is what I like about JB3 which having different settings for the user to adjust rather than one program for all.....

http://www.burgertuning.com/index.html

Stett performance is a specialize Bimmer car tuner in which, most of their products are handmade by Chad, the owner of this Tuner!! When you open your hood, you will see a plastic pipe connected with the DV in our 335 cars, change for a stainless steel pipe can avoid any chipped car cause any boost leak due to the OEM plastic pipe is very soft!! BOV means blow off valve and the pipe came with the BOV to replace the OEM 2 DVs - Diverter Valves!! Besides, they also make the CAI - Cold Air Intake and Big Intercooler!! I did some research and found out their charge pipe, CAI and intercooler is one of the best among all tuners!! However, the waiting time is a bit long though!! This is the website of Stett, you can contact Chad direct and he is very patient to tell you all the steps!!

http://www.shop.stettperformance.com/main.sc

My next mod is going to be replacing the Down-pipe as I alreay installed the BMS 02 fix from Terry of Burger and as such, I can run catless DP setting without throwing any code when the 02 simes connected to the DP has been shut off which won't be working in my car anymore!!! One of my Buddies just installed the DP and LSD on his E91 335, he is a killer for those M3 E90/92 cars on low rev.......... of course, high rev cannot compare to the V8 engine power.....

Let me know if there is anything unclear???

Matthew

Hey dude, that's why you called 335i Freak >.<, you are really knew everything about 335i =.=, monster. About the piggyback, is that really can't check by bmw if sending back my car for other maintainance? How much hps you will gain after install this piggyback either in 1.4 or 1.5 version? And how much does it cost?

About the DV, have you install it? What is the benefit to change to this OEM 2 DVs? I always complaint about the intercooler of 335i as it is really too hot and the stock intercooler is really "just" okay. I always talked to my friend if bmw has launched any bigger intercooler for 335i I would be the first one to change it. I read some news about the ECU software tuners like Vishnu or Dinan, the newest softwares are always requesting to install with their intercooler so as to perform with more power release after the software & hardware are installed, does piggyback request with changing of intercooler as well?

How much would be the DP cost from Burger?

Thanks for all your explanations here ^ ^
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #13
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep

Hi Renus,

Thanks for your flattering compliment and whilst, I'm merely in love with my ride so that, I'm willing to do more search for upgrade my ride and added the HP!! Go back to your question, let me answer one by one;-

1. If you buy a brand new from burger, it is USD575 for the JB3 PnP version or else, you can try to find the used one in the classified of this forum and then, buy a new chip from Terry if the used one not came with the most updated chip!!

2. As of the DV, the OEM plastic DV is just too soft and weak to handle the excessive boost after you installed the chip whereby, you have to change to the aftermarket DV or BOV!! Also, the issue is the pipe connected with the DVs!! It is only a plastic pipe which for sure cannot handle the added boost of any N54 engine after chipped!! You have to change for a steel pipe instead!! You can check with different tuners as it came with the whole package deal with DVs or BOV and pipes one set all together.

3. I hope Bimmer won't be charging for a mad price on their big intercooler set up and also, you need to re-positioned the intercooler to be more front to the bumper in letting the cooler to cool!! The OEM setting of having the intercooler hide behind the water gauage is not efficient at all!! Heat soak is the killer of the turbo cars which triggering to timing pull out and then, requested boost cannot be executed as the actual boost by the ECU after chipped!!

4. For the piggybag chip, it won't be finding out by BMW so long as you took out the chip every time when having your car to go for service is fine!!

5. I believe you mean the DP fixed, right?? The DP fix is USD65.00 offered by Burger!

Since I gave you the proper websites whereby, you can go to their sites to search and read the product discription one by one!! Good luck...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #14
BimmerJack
newborn bimmer patriot
Rep

bump
and more's coming...
Appreciate 0