E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Aux input help.

09-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

Aux input help.

Is it possible to "overload" the aux input?

I have an XM dock unit that plugs into the aux input. I also have a garmin 765t with audio line out.

I tried to plug the garmin into the audio port, along with the XM unit using a splitter. When I plug the garmin in, the volume on the XM unit cuts in half, and the sound quality goes down. Ive used different cords, etc with the same result.

Anyone know what is happening here? Id like to use the audio out on the garmin for its spoken directions, and its bluetooth...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Fresh330
It is what it is
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I have a similar setup. I have my retro fitted Sirius sat. radio and Ipod connected to a splitter for AUX IN.

I'm assuming you have both pieces of equipment powered on. That would result in to different signal clashing together. For me, I'm either running my Sirius or Ipod with the other powered off (Ipod disconnected).

A splitter is intended to take one signal and duplicate it to two destinations. The way we have it set up just enables use to switch between devices w/o reconnected audio cables and what not.

Hope that helps.