BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i

Thumbs down Calgary BMW

I don't recommend Ian Martin in Calgary BMW.

He seemed to be nice all the way until I signed the deal, however I found out that he was actually lying to me in order to seal the deal and he wouldn't admit the fact he was dishonest.

I thought a such a dealer should be notified to Calgarians, so they can avoid a liar.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

please elaborate...
      06-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Salesmen are salesman.. I think you need to get over it.
      06-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
adk749
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
Salesmen are salesman.. I think you need to get over it.
Disagree whole-heartedly. If I lived in Calgary, I'd want to know to avoid this guy.
2009 135i Coupe, 6 Speed MT, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leatherette, High Gloss Black Trim, Sports Package, BMW Assist, iPod/USB Adapter, Heated Seats | Ordered: 5/18/09 Completed: 6/2/09 Shipped: 6/11/09 Delivered: 7/2/09
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Jimmydean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i coupe, bare bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlesswaltz View Post
I don't recommend Ian Martin in Calgary BMW.

He seemed to be nice all the way until I signed the deal, however I found out that he was actually lying to me in order to seal the deal and he wouldn't admit the fact he was dishonest.

I thought a such a dealer should be notified to Calgarians, so they can avoid a liar.
What did he do??
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Sorry, I didn't know so many people replied to my thread.

I think it is being an issue of whether you get the incentives only when it is available or when your car is delivered to you.

My SA, Ian Martin told me the delivery have to be completed by June 1st in order to qualify for the cash incentive. However my best interest was getting the newest car and no one drove them, so of course I wanted to factory order my car with all the customized option.
But per SA, if I do that I will not be eligible for the cash incentive with the program that was going on.

With the conflict in the interest, because SA wanted to sell the car ASAP. He indicated that the car which is pretty close to what I wanted is in Edmonton and he can deliver it to Calgary.

Since options were almost what I wanted and the colour matches my want, I've decided to go for it, if it doesn't have many km on it.
SA told me the car has 90km and will have to add 1 or 2km on top of it in order to deliver.
Because I was sensitive about the mileage, I've asked to keep it under 92 or 93 as SA promised.

The car arrived and the car had 100km around 8km higher than promised.
I wasn't mad but little disappointed that SA didn't keep his promise to me.
But it was ok, because the car was dazzling and I think it calmed my anger.

I've noticed few scratches on the hood and one big one on the side of the hood.
I've asked SA if he can do anything about it, and he only said it is really hard to deliver the car in factory ordered condition which I think possible if you do FACTORY ORDER.

Few days later after picking up the car, one of my forum friend told me, I could actually factory order and still be eligible for the best incentive between the deal and the delivery.
Which means if I factory ordered I could have satisfied my wish of getting the brand new car and be entitle for any better incentives coming up in time between the signing a contract and the delivery.

I previously had a car and I assured him that I didn't really need to get it right now if I can. But it looks like he deceived the program that was going on and induced me into the deal, because I confirmed this with BMW Gallery and this was true.
Clearly Ian Martin would have known that I could have factory ordered and still got the incentive.

I complained to him, however all he said was "HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR NEW CAR"
without any compensation of being lied to.

I think it is late to write all this rant in the middle of day, however I thought the unfair dealer should be known to people so buyers benefit from avoiding a such SA.

During the dealing, it was so touch to get a deal, when other BMW gallery people just give out 5.5% off from MSRP. I think I've got about 5% after 3days of dealing.

I guess I learned my lesson and never trust the dealer.

Do not go to Calgary BMW and specially Ian Martin!

If you have any concern please PM me.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
Phased
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Damn, that sucks. I think my salesperson (Kara) at Calgary BMW told me that you get the best rate from when you order until you get it (ie. if the rate drops, you get the low rate), and that your current rate and any incentives (if the rate jumps) are guaranteed for a few months. I didn't get a lot off of MSRP, but that is okay, I hope she gets the money from it.

The scratches are a pain too - if they were bad enough that you think they would charge you for them if it was a lease return, I wouldn't have been pissed.

That said, I've had good things with Calgary BMW when I was shopping 3 years ago, and a great experience this time. But BMW Gallery has always been a bit of a pain to me with test driving and things like that. Don't know why. Not that it matters too much - they have the same owner so is it is more the salesperson you talk to more than the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Because the one guy owns both BMW dealership in Calgary, they do not care where we go to and it is almost like a monopoly.

No competition sure makes it hard for us to deal with them.
Ian told me about the guaranteeing the finance or lease rate, but I bought it with cash it didn't really matter.

Also BMW in Calgary don't install the motion sensor security in the car for free; however Vancouver BMW do it for free.
He told me this when he was explaining the function on the car when I am picking it up.
How helpful he is, because I thought about purchasing one from Vancouver and flat bed it since they were offering 7% off from MSRP.

There are too many things that I noticed on the day or after picking up my car that were different from what Ian Martin told me.

If you are in AB, I strongly recommend going to Vancouver to purchase one. You will not pay PST if you prove you reside in AB, and additional security system totally worth more than freight fee from BC to AB. You also get a better deal and better treatment from SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phased View Post
Damn, that sucks. I think my salesperson (Kara) at Calgary BMW told me that you get the best rate from when you order until you get it (ie. if the rate drops, you get the low rate), and that your current rate and any incentives (if the rate jumps) are guaranteed for a few months. I didn't get a lot off of MSRP, but that is okay, I hope she gets the money from it.

The scratches are a pain too - if they were bad enough that you think they would charge you for them if it was a lease return, I wouldn't have been pissed.

That said, I've had good things with Calgary BMW when I was shopping 3 years ago, and a great experience this time. But BMW Gallery has always been a bit of a pain to me with test driving and things like that. Don't know why. Not that it matters too much - they have the same owner so is it is more the salesperson you talk to more than the dealership.
Appreciate 0