BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2009, 05:23 AM   #1
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep
Drives: '06 Mazdaspeed6

P3's Dyno

So Lou (cp-e), Jordan (cp-e), and I made the trip to Ohio on Friday to get briefed on the software of the new dyno. It's freaking unbelievable what this thing can do. It's a true research instrument with all the bells and whistles. It's capable of measuring 2000 whp with inertial and eddy current breaking. It can handle 1000 whp with the eddy current and is fully programmable. YOu can write test scripts to test any condition. For example, You can mat a 1000 hp car and the dyno can bring it to a stop at any rate you want. You can set one rpm and WOT the car and the rpm will not change ot measure hp at one rpm. This is truly for research purposes as you would never want to do anything like this to your car. You can run a 1/4 mile on it while measuring hp all the time. It corrects for wind, rolling resistance, vehicle weight, everything. It has a weather station to measure the exact temp and barometric pressure. It can read OBDII pids so you can wait until your oil temp cools to get repeatable runs. It has a 5 gas analyzer and will be the most accurate afr tool anywhere. It is fully coupled so can dyno the GT-R. (AWD dynojets will set off traction control algorithms as the rollers aren't coupled with the same force.)

It's truly an incredible instrument. These pix are of it boxed and ready to ship so they're aren't impressive but I thought I'd post anyway.

What is VERY impressive are the two 30,000 cfm fans that we also got. They can simulate the wind of a vehicle traveling at 80 mph. This will allow excellent cooling and precise measuring. THey're effin' huge. They blow through the yellow grates.

6792 Mid Cities Ave, Beltsville, MD right around the corner form cp-e....
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1

sounds like i'll be visiting again soon.