BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
pkcormier
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thumbs up Tire Rack - Best Customer Service

You shouldn't be allowed to bitch about poor service if you don't also praise good service. This story has a happy ending.:thumbup:

I purchased a set of Kumho V700 tires, shaved to 4/32 from the Tire Rack for a track event in early August. I had the tires mounted on my stock rims, since I hadn't yet decided on my track wheels. I immediately experienced heavy vibration at speed. I returned to the installer the next day and they told me the tires were not shaved properly, leaving high and low spots along the circumference of the tire. My track event was the next day (already dropped $200), and I thought scrubbing the tires after a couple laps might eliminate the problem, so I went. No such luck. I had the wheels rebalanced at the track. Wheels were balanced. Track event a bust.

I called the tire rack the following week to discuss. After about a week trying to reach the right person, I finally connected with Cathy Shreve. She was very understanding of my issue and we came to an equitable solution. The tire rack agreed to replace my tires, and I agreed to buy my track wheels with the Tire Rack. They should arrive mounted and balanced and ready for my next event.

Now I wouldn't normally expect the Tire Rack to replace track tires after they've been used. My situation was a bit different. I used a highly rated Tire Rack recommended installer, who identified the shaving issue, but I couldn't resolve it in time for my event. I probably could have avoided the whole situation had I just returned the tires, but I had a track event the next day and already committed $200.

I applaud the Tire Rack for understanding my scenario and standing behind their service and products. Especially so since they made their decision without seeing the bad tires. It helps that I've been a customer for a while, but my sense is they would make every effort to find a mutually agreeable solution to any customers problem. That's what makes the Tire Rack the best in the biz in my mind. Signed - Customer For Life.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
ronsil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black e46

I purchased a set of tires from Tirerack and I agree 100% that their service is excellent! Great job! Keep it up.
Appreciate 0