BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-19-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

BMW Performance Parts & Catalogue

The new 1 Series Coupé, along with five-door models, will be available with retrofittable BMW performance options for the suspension, drivetrain, aerodynamics, and cockpit of the car.

The BMW Performance options are tailored to the car, reflecting the sporty, dynamic and innovative style of the brand in its technical and design features, and fulfil all of BMW’s excellent standards in terms of quality and safety.

BMW Performance products are sold and fitted by BMW dealers and covered by BMW’s full warranty.

All BMW Performance components are available individually, and whilst each driver can personally choose from the selection, the consistent focus on a sporting experience at the wheel ensures all BMW Performance products come together in a harmoniously balanced overall package.

The first selection of BMW Performance components will be available next month, with further items becoming available over the coming months.

Aerodynamics and weight: perfect optimisation all round.

The BMW Performance Aerodynamics Kit optimises the dynamic driving qualities of the car and provides a powerful look in everyday traffic. It comprises a striking front air dam with a highly expressive, fully integrated surround on the BMW kidney grille in black high-gloss look as well as dynamically contoured side-sills.

Model-specific accessories made of carbon-fibre are also available in the interest of enhanced aerodynamics. These are carbon exterior mirror caps, the BMW Performance carbon rear spoiler as well as the BMW Performance carbon diffuser.

Suspension technology for sporting and superior handling.

BMW Performance components for the car’s chassis and suspension further exploit the dynamic qualities of the 1 Series Coupé. Highlights include BMW Performance sports brakes, BMW Performance suspension, BMW Performance spring-strut reinforcement bar made of carbon-fibre, as well as attractive double-spoke light-alloy wheels.

The BMW Performance sports brakes comprise extra-large, vented brake discs perforated on the front wheels and further refined by slot openings. The six-piston fixed-calliper brakes on the front axle are finished in brilliant BMW Performance Yellow and bear the words “BMW Performance”. The same designation is found on the spring strut reinforcement bar fitted within the engine compartment for greater body stiffness.

The BMW Performance 18-inch double-spoke light-alloy wheels accentuate the sporting character of the car and enhance agility to an even higher standard through their particularly low weight.

Drivetrain: optimised air flow and striking tailpipes.

The new BMW Performance air intake system gives the straight-six petrol engine extra air supply for extra power. The filter cartridge and the internal air flow have been modified, improving the flow of air and minimising the risk of a drop in pressure. A further advantage is the particularly sporting sound experience within the car. The BMW Performance air intake system optimises not only power and performance, but also the efficiency of the engine.

The BMW Performance exhaust silencer highlights the superior power and performance of the engines through the right sound. Without impairing the car’s long-distance touring comfort, the system gives the engine a particularly discreet but audibly sporting sound, the dual tailpipes made of chrome-plated stainless steel emphasising the high-tech status of the car also in its looks.

Like a sports car inside.

The enthusiast is able to give the interior of his car a genuine sports car look through BMW Performance products. The driver’s workplace benefits, for example, from BMW Performance sports seats in motorsport design. With genuine bucket contours, these seats are ergonomically tailored to the body, offering not only significant seating comfort but also sophisticated and slender design through their stylish finish in black alcantara.
Beneath the integrated headrests are two openings on each side covered by plastic tops finished in Ferric Grey. The side airbags are also integrated in the seats. BMW Performance sports seats are available for the driver and front passenger.

The BMW Performance gearshift lever helps to make the process of shifting gears even smoother and more dynamic. Finished in optimised ergonomic design, the gearshift knob made of chrome and black alcantara ensures precise operation and shortens shift travel by approximately 25 per cent.

Supplementing these highlights, the new range of BMW Performance features also includes an innovative multifunction sports steering wheel finished in alcantara and leather. An LED display in the upper section of the steering wheel rim presents various data such as the oil and coolant temperature, lateral and straight-ahead acceleration, the ideal point to shift gears, and the time of day.

Decorative trim in carbon design on the centre console, the dashboard and the panels on the front and rear doors as well as the side areas at the rear further accentuate the sophisticated and sporting style of the interior. The pedals and footrest made of aluminium and also featured in the BMW Performance range convey the functions and qualities of a racing car to everyday motoring through their particular style and design.

BMW Performance Pricing and availability:

Aerodynamics Kit from $1,640 plus installation
Rear Carbon Spoiler $755 plus installation
Kidney grille in black high-gloss $136 per set
Carbon exterior mirror caps $633 per pair
18” double-spoke light-alloy wheels including tyres $4,920
Performance sports brakes (135i Sport) $3,082 plus fitting
Performance sports seats $4,070 each
Carbon strut brace $2,055
BMW Performance gearshift kit $350
BMW Performance air intake system $1,300
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 135i BMW Performance Spreadsheet.pdf (398.8 KB, 490 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Well 5 or 6 of us have ordered this from the US and it is a lot cheaper! Oh and for those 5 or 6 people, they are almost here! I think the spoiler arrives on the 23rd. I can post the tracking number if you guys want...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #3
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, Xclass

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
You guys that have ordered pedals from the USA, can you tell me whether the LHD pedals will fit on RHD cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Way, how much cheaper did you get it and who is going to fit it? Is it going to be from the same BMW or someone else?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

The tires to go with performance wheels are
Bridgestone
Potenza RE050A

Are those Run flat?
Whats the advantage of non run flat tyres over run flats?
      05-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

On the bridgestone website it says (I think) that RE050 are RFT and RE050A are not but not 100% sure
      05-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Eureka
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

For info...the tyres that came with my Performance wheels are RE050A's...and they are runflats (well, it says 'RFT' on the side wall).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:05 AM   #8
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Are you sure? I read that the tyres that come with the performace wheels are normal wheels, no run flat
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #9
Eureka
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Are you sure? I read that the tyres that come with the performace wheels are normal wheels, no run flat
Just had another look at the tyres: they are definitely Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's and they say 'RFT' on the sidewall.

Presumably, if you don't want run-flats you could always buy the wheels separately and put your own tyres on them etc?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:36 AM   #10
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Yes, you are right, the catalogue, says that it MUST be fitted with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A and looking at the pictures it does sat RFT (run flat tyre) but I reckon you could just put a normal tyre there, right?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:53 AM   #11
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Anyone heard anything more about the exhaust and intake for 135i in Oz?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 08:20 AM   #12
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

from the commercial thread in the forum it appears there will be no bmw intake for the 135i, only for the 125i. i hope i am wrong though.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #13
timmay
Private
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Hi All, here from NZ...its bloody hard to get parts down here!

I see that ppl have ordered the BMW Performance parts from the US. Which sites/companies have you all been ordering from?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #14
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Dan @ United BMW :thumbup: