BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Parrot Itegrated Bluetooth

Sorry for the spelling in the subject ..

FYI .. I have contacted them and here is an email I got back:

Gary,
Does the radio say business CD or did you get an upgrade to Logic 7? Do you have a phone button on the steering wheel? I believe this will be similar to the 335i install, so we can probably get you going. Best, Howard

At 10:21 AM 5/15/2008, you wrote:
BMW 1 Series
I recently purchased a BMW 135i without Bluetooth support. I am interested to know if you will be creating a Kit that will work with our cars.
thanks,
Gary
http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php
Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

interesting, but will this maintain the OEM look? I doubt it will pump any information through Idrive
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

I don't have idrive so I'm not worried about that .. lol

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
Ragenikon
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Sorry for the spelling in the subject ..

FYI .. I have contacted them and here is an email I got back:

Gary,
Does the radio say business CD or did you get an upgrade to Logic 7? Do you have a phone button on the steering wheel? I believe this will be similar to the 335i install, so we can probably get you going. Best, Howard

At 10:21 AM 5/15/2008, you wrote:
BMW 1 Series
I recently purchased a BMW 135i without Bluetooth support. I am interested to know if you will be creating a Kit that will work with our cars.
thanks,
Gary
http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php
Crowley
Def keep us up to date...i would love to have Bluetooth in the car, just never wanted the I-Drive so i kinda got screwed out of the option. I like this as long as nothing will show!
Black Boston Leather
Cold Weather Pkg
Sports Pkg
Premium Stereo
PCD June 3rd!

"The steering, the feel, the way you can adjust your line through the bend with the throttle. There is no other car made today in this sector of the market that gets even close. If you love driving, this is up there in a class of One."
- Jeremy Clarkson -

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

BTW .. update ..

Gary,
Oh my goodness, you paid for a logic 7 and they don't give you bluetooth? Shame on them. What do they want for a bluetooth retrofit with the BMW system? That would give you a contact list on the BMW screen which the Parrot cannot provide.

I do have a Logic 7 Parrot harness that plugs in the trunk at the amp. But I have to check if we can activate the phone button with our steering wheel canbus controller. You may have to use the Parrot 3100 and use our extension cable to bring the Parrot LCD and mic to the front of the car. You would then use the green and red buttons on the LCD readout rather than the wheel to make and end calls. I'll check on this with the our European canbus controller supplier. What cellphone model do you have?

Best, Howard

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

that's what i thought... it cant pump information to the pro radio OR Idrive...

so much for OEM!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

FWIW, I had a parrot system installed in a previous car, and it was awesome. By far one of the best bluetooth systems i have ever used.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
NY SLC 93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

It doesn't work through the stereo?? I know it won't work with the nav...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY SLC 93 View Post
It doesn't work through the stereo?? I know it won't work with the nav...

If I'm reading this right, it will with the Logic 7 but not the other stereo ... also they are unsure if they can integrate w/ the steering wheel controls ..

Crowley

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Update .. definately doesn't sound plug and play .. lol .. thoughts?

Gary,
I just heard back from the European steering wheel interface manufacturer. They say that if you have a talented installer who can identify the CAN BUS wires which must be manually connected to, they are confident that the following equipment will enable the phone button on the steering wheel just like it does on the 335i :
Parrot 3000 Evolution $114.95
SW101 Steering wheel controller $130.00
CP102 Logic 7 harness - $129.95
+ $17.95 S&H + tax only in CA
This is not orderable online - you would need to call River in our office to order.
Everything gets connected in the trunk next to the Logic 7 amp. The mic is a single conductor shielded cable and needs to be extended to the front of the car. Since the mic is a 1/8" miniature phone plug, an extension can be purchased at Radio Shack or constructed. The pink and green wires on the SW101 box must go to the CAN BUS high and low wires - connect to the green to the Can low green in the car. Connect the pink to the Can high orange-green in the car. Connect the blue wire on the CP102 to the orange bullet on the SW101 to provide 12V switched. Then simply press the phone button on the wheel and say "Call Steve". You can either use the voice dialing that may be built into the phone to make calls. Or you can program the Parrot using voice tags of your own voice to make calls and to announce incoming callers. The radio will mute when you are on a call and the cell audio will come through the sound system.
Because you would be the first to try this, I'd offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all equipment. I'd especially appreciate it if you could take a few pictures of the installtion process. Howard

Best regards, Howard

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #11
Ragenikon
Private
Rep
Drives:

Mannnnn 400 bucks and one hell of a complicated install....i might be able to deal the a bluetooth headset for 50 bucks...disappointing..
Black Boston Leather
Cold Weather Pkg
Sports Pkg
Premium Stereo
PCD June 3rd!

"The steering, the feel, the way you can adjust your line through the bend with the throttle. There is no other car made today in this sector of the market that gets even close. If you love driving, this is up there in a class of One."
- Jeremy Clarkson -

Appreciate 0