BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
DaSlowMoseS
Rep
Drives:

Cool Celebration Car Show, Sat April 19th

For all central Florida car lovers. Free parking, free admission.

This is the one can't miss car show I attend EVERY year.

See over 200 of the worlds most exotic cars, lined up for concours judging along the spectacular lakefront promenade of Celebration! This year's amazing collection will include a $1.5 million Lamborghini Reventon & one-off Miura SV "Speciale, also with an example of every Lamborghini model ever made!

See Bugatti, Ferrari, Maserati, Spyker, McLaren, Saleen, etc.

Also featured this year TV/Movie cars like the Lamborghini Lp400 from Cannonball Run, DeLorean from Back To The Future, General Lee from Dukes of Hazard, KITT from Knight Rider, Luke Skywalker's Land Speeder from Star Wars.

Check out the site http://www.celebrationexoticcars.com/

Here's a few pics of mine from previous years http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...afilter=images

See you there
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Sounds like a lot of fun. If I can manage to drag the girl out there I'm definitely going. Thanks for posting this up.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
chewablechain
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Oooo I'm there!
      04-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
DaSlowMoseS
Rep
Drives:

InsaneSkippy-- No Problem & its like the only show I can actually get my wife to attend

I've been the last 2 years, will probably go the next 20. My first time going I knew it would be good when I entered the car show area & walked up on a Bugatti Veyron, McLaren F1, Mercedes CLK GTR, Maserati MC12, Ferrari FXX & Enzo. This was 2 YEARS AGO.

The Veyron was the ONLY one in the country at the time & 2 people paid $1000 each just to take a ride in it (charity event)
The Enzo was the last one ever produced & had a message in Italian from the pope to Enzo Ferrari written on the underneath of the carbonfiber hood (as seen in my pic).
The FXX they just had at sebring & didn't have the full exhaust back on it yet. They decided to started it up, let it warm up a bit then decided to play some music w/ the throttle for a bit.

I'm hoping to see a Maserati Gran Turismo & an Alfa Romeo 8C this year, oh yea that Reventon too.

I'm gotta get back over to a family members house sometime in the next few days to reinstall fresh clutch, pressure plate, & flywheel on a 275 GTB which won best vintage last year to get it ready for the show this year. Can't wait till it runs again. I love working on that car.

If you can't spend the day there, the second half of the day is when the cars will idle/rev down the street & accept their trophies. That way you get to see, hear, smell, & feel.

DO NOT forget your camera & extra batteries, make sure you got room on that memory card for some vids too.

I'll be the guy patiently waiting in the middle of the road for a split in the crowd to take some more nice pics

Ohh, & I'll gladly accept rides in 135i's for thanks of spreading the word

You will not be disappointed; unless it rains
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
chewablechain
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7634

Here's a couple pictures from the event
      04-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
DaSlowMoseS
Rep
Drives:

Exclamation TOMORROW/TODAY saturday 18th

I know its late, but been busy so... .

Who ever isn't installing any new parts on sat should definitely make it out.

last chance. tomorrow 9am - 4/5ish free parking. free addmin. mid/high 70's, 0% chance of rain.

250 vehicles, Movie/tv show cars, race, exotics, and others.

Celebration FL

Theres alot of info on the site, they list every tv/movie car and other info if you look through the site.

I would drive hours, maybe days if I had to. Its the only show I don't miss each year. You shouldn't either..... http://www.celebrationexoticcars.com/concours.html

Here's some pics from years previous '07 & '08 Pics The pics are in 2 different albums. Main page is '07, look along the left for 2008 show pics album
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
john08135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M Sport, 2010 bmw S1000RR

I went.. its a nice show but VERY crowded
Appreciate 0