BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
dna550
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

1er Coupe Spotted in the OC

Just got the call.

The 1 Coupe just rolled off the truck.

Pictures will follow.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
runNgun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Alright! Is that yours? Maybe all the local dealers are getting their demos too. I'll have to contact my SA and arange a test drive. Thank you for posting the info.:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I think so pleasanton bmw dealer just got one in norcal.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
dna550
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Not mine!

128 Sedona Red Premium Package.

First impressions inside:

Back Seat:

Not too difficult to get into and the leg room was adequate. Had to tilt my head, sitting normally.

Driver's Seat:

Feels BMW Good.

Dash materials:

This was the surprise, and in my mind, would explain why BMW wasn't encouraging people to sit in the auto show cars.

Very thin material for the dash and center stack materials. This material easily bends and when tapped there is a distinctly hollow sound. I would say this is a first for a BMW.

After sampling the 128i I sat in the M3. There is no comparison between the quality of the leather and the solid, soft touch plastics in the interior, with the M3, obviously, providing an experience not unlike the M5 or M6, which I sampled immediately after the M3. The back seat experience in the M3 is not unlike the experience in the 128i, except for the headroom of which there is more of in the M3.

I like the size of the 1 Coupes and the gas mileage as well. As beautiful as the M3 is it is a politically incorrect car these days.

Still waiting for the test drive. The first chance for that now appears to be in early April.

Pictures? Took my camera and when I went to snap shots I discovered my battery was in the charger at home. No loss though, since this was a Sedona Red Coupe.

Following my in the-seat experience in some beautiful new BMWs, I had an opportunity for some seat time in an Audi R8. This is, as you would expect, a very nice experience.

BTW, I just installed some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s on my E46. I have nothing but praise for these tires. My Porsche has these tires and now that I have replaced the ContiSportContacts on my BMW I can see how important the PS2s are to the driving experience in the Porsche.

These tires love to corner.

The local COSTCO had these tires in stock and offer a road hazard warranty, nitrogen-inflation, as well as life-time tire pressure adjustment and balancing -- at a price that I could not match anywhere.

In conclusion, the interior & exterior design on the 1 Coupe is top notch, but the interior materials, the leather as well as the plastics , shows where BMW is working to keep the costs down. With the downward spiral of the dollar versus the Euro this is not unexpected, but it is a reality check.
Appreciate 0