11-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #1
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Finally picked up my XM Label! If I was not on vacation last week I would have had it sooner. First impressions below compared to X5M comp with pictures but I am biased!

Exterior:
Originally didn’t like it at all when press released pictures, grew on me over time, but when I saw mine in person all I can say is WOW! Frozen black looks amazing on this vehicle, proportions work for the SUV. Many people stop to ask about paint but they don’t ask about what car it is! Absolutely love the front/hood with light up grille, daytime running lights. Rear end took me the longest to love but I have to say sculpted rear lights and three stripe LED wrap around the side looks great if you ever find yourself behind one of these. Overall, it stands out to car people but blends in to non car enthusiasts where SUVs are everywhere.

Interior:
As expected, great BMW fit and finish. Front seats feel like my previous car but rear seats are amazingly comfortable. Way more comfortable than X5M, soft, plush, more legroom, leather wrap around doors, dark windows, and no sunroof really makes you feel like you are in a cocoon. Ceiling is nothing you see in other cars. Rear compartment is longer than X5 and maybe a little wider but definitely higher floor due to batteries.
Also like flat carbon weave better than glossy like X5M. More LED lighting options than previous car except I can’t change color of B+W speakers. They are only white whereas in old car they could be ambient color or white.

Technology:
Love the larger screen and idrive updates. I know there are less buttons but I don’t really see a problem as you can just control so many things with your voice. I actually think this is safer than looking for buttons and switches. Augmented view is a nice touch and love the driving assist past 40mph. Before I could only use in stop and go traffic but now open freeways are possible. Had some trouble connecting to Apple CarPlay in old car but in this one it connects Everytime I get in. Love not having to place Apple Watch or phone on handle to open and start car by placing on charging tray. Now I just walk up with Apple Watch, car locks/unlocks from 5 feet away and starts once I press ignition. No more keys ever again!

Driving:
Obviously limited by first 300 miles but it sounds much better than my X5M comp. I felt that exhaust was neutered and overall driving felt too sterile. This one is a little rowdy and I like it. Sounds way better and it feel more powerful when I press accelerator. Love also if I start in electric mode, won’t have to make neighbors up as it is silent. Ride is stiff but comparable to my X5M comp. I actually think it handles better due to rear steering. I haven’t pushed it but at low speeds it drives better and I can’t tell it weighs 10% more. For my first hybrid, I am surprised electric mode only is totally useable. I still get off the line faster than most cars on the road in electric mode and can go highway speeds on electric alone. In hybrid mode, regenerative braking is not abrupt and minimally felt, also transition between electric to gas engine is smoother than what I remember in regular XM test drive.

Overall:
I love this performance SUV and I think BMW made this car for me. Great daily driver for transporting kids, hobbies that involve hauling things, perfect for areas with four seasons, and performance in a large SUV. Few gripes: price, no door shades for rear passengers, no big rear LCD screen like 7 series, no automatic door opening and closing, no LCD screens in rear armrests, no rear passenger cooling or massage seating, no adjustable rear seats for more legroom or recline angle, needs to have more carbon fiber on exterior (splitter, diffuser, side mirrors, roof spoiler, side skirts, fenders, antenna cover). no night vision……I feel as the most expensive vehicle it should have come with all these things.

Enough typing, here are the pictures of the new ride with front ceramic tint, new tire pressure valve caps, wheel locks, and carbon fiber shifter cover. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      11-01-2023, 12:51 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWXMBlack View Post
Finally picked up my XM Label! If I was not on vacation last week I would have had it sooner. First impressions below compared to X5M comp with pictures but I am biased!

Exterior:
Originally didn’t like it at all when press released pictures, grew on me over time, but when I saw mine in person all I can say is WOW! Frozen black looks amazing on this vehicle, proportions work for the SUV. Many people stop to ask about paint but they don’t ask about what car it is! Absolutely love the front/hood with light up grille, daytime running lights. Rear end took me the longest to love but I have to say sculpted rear lights and three stripe LED wrap around the side looks great if you ever find yourself behind one of these. Overall, it stands out to car people but blends in to non car enthusiasts where SUVs are everywhere.

Interior:
As expected, great BMW fit and finish. Front seats feel like my previous car but rear seats are amazingly comfortable. Way more comfortable than X5M, soft, plush, more legroom, leather wrap around doors, dark windows, and no sunroof really makes you feel like you are in a cocoon. Ceiling is nothing you see in other cars. Rear compartment is longer than X5 and maybe a little wider but definitely higher floor due to batteries.
Also like flat carbon weave better than glossy like X5M. More LED lighting options than previous car except I can’t change color of B+W speakers. They are only white whereas in old car they could be ambient color or white.

Technology:
Love the larger screen and idrive updates. I know there are less buttons but I [...]
Bimmerpost member #2 to get one! Looks fantastic!
Appreciate 2
XM Label928.50
r33_RGSport13013.00
      11-01-2023, 01:04 PM   #3
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw xm label red

mine arrived today they need to clean it up im scared to talk price , did you buy or lease ? whats your monthly if you dont mind me asking did they give you any deal ? also whats insurace

i need to go tmrw to try and buy
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13013.00
      11-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesdayjob View Post
mine arrived today they need to clean it up im scared to talk price , did you buy or lease ? whats your monthly if you dont mind me asking did they give you any deal ? also whats insurace

You’re asking such broad questions that require much more detailed answers. There are so many variables with auto insurance. Location, age, driving record, claim history, coverage amounts, deductibles, etc. No two policies will ever be exactly the same. If you decide to do a lease, you should be able to get a $7500 lease rebate if they continued it into November. My dealer took off an additional $12,800 off of MSRP on top of the $7,500.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13013.00
      11-01-2023, 01:38 PM   #5
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep

my insurance is only goin up $20 a month just talked to my guy !
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 01:42 PM   #6
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
my insurance is only goin up $20 a month just talked to my guy !
You might be surprised when it actually gets to underwriting. It appears that most of the major insurance carriers do not accept the VIN just yet. If you only had any idea how much time I have spent on the phone in the last two weeks with every insurance company you can think of. When it gets to underwriting, that’s when the real number increases. After all, the XM Label and XM are not the same vehicle. Just don’t be surprised if the number increases once they catch wind of it.

In your case, I hope it only goes up $20 a month!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 01:58 PM   #7
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep

they have my vin HOPING for the best lol
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 02:07 PM   #8
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
they have my vin HOPING for the best lol
Nothing an insurance agent says over the phone really matters until it gets through underwriting.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 02:58 PM   #9
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep

anyone can help with CHARGER.

i live in an apartment the charger there is at whole foods in my complex ... i hate to leave it there for four hours.

i can add a charger at my warehouse where my office is but it will have to be outdoors , any suggestions on out door bmw charger ?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 03:34 PM   #10
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

i live in an apartment the charger there is at whole foods in my complex ... i hate to leave it there for four hours.

i can add a charger at my warehouse where my office is but it will have to be outdoors , any suggestions on out door bmw charger ?
I already had the BMW Wallbox charger for my iX. Always go with a hardwired unit if you can. They are much more reliable and provide higher output, not that really matters on the XM like it would on a full EV. Might as well plan for the future and get something that does 48 kw. If you are going to rely solely on 120 V to charge, you’ll probably have to leave it longer than three or four hours. Your XM will come with the flex charger and adapter to plug it into a garage dryer outlet (otherwise known as a NEMA 14-50 outlet). Make sure you get at least a 60 A circuit on your breaker panel which will allow you to charge any EV up to 48 Kw.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 04:13 PM   #11
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:

Minimal discount, lease through business, ~ $3000K/month, can’t remember my insurance payment right now and don’t have access to it until later.
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2023, 04:20 PM   #12
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I already had the BMW Wallbox charger for my iX. Always go with a hardwired unit if you can. They are much more reliable and provide higher output, not that really matters on the XM like it would on a full EV. Might as well plan for the future and get something that does 48 kw. If you are going to rely solely on 120 V to charge, you’ll probably have to leave it longer than three or four hours. Your XM will come with the flex charger and adapter to plug it into a garage dryer outlet (otherwise known as a NEMA 14-50 outlet). Make sure you get at least a 60 A circuit on your breaker panel which will allow you to charge any EV up to 48 Kw.
If it’s on the build sheet, like it was with yours it will… Mine did not come with a 14-50 because dealer forgot to add it..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 04:54 PM   #13
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by padrino View Post
If it’s on the build sheet, like it was with yours it will… Mine did not come with a 14-50 because dealer forgot to add it..
It was on there, then there’s a credit for it. Then there’s another turbo charger part at the bottom. Either way, it was the exact same thing that came with my iX. The flex charger plus all of the adapters.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 05:16 PM   #14
padrino
Alpina!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
It was on there, then there’s a credit for it. Then there’s another turbo charger part at the bottom. Either way, it was the exact same thing that came with my iX. The flex charger plus all of the adapters.
I am tracking with that for yours, I was just trying to say not all may come with them, you will find threads on other sites where XM did not come with other adapters…
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2023, 07:58 PM   #15
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:

I am charging mine through standard household 120V outlet. Looks like it takes about 24 hours to charge full (extrapolating). I drove all day with mainly gas engine and max regen and lost less than 10 miles in electric range. I am curious what will happen if you run out of gas completely, can you still use electric only to get you to a gas station???
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13013.00
      11-01-2023, 08:01 PM   #16
padrino
Alpina!
Rep

Quote:
I am charging mine through standard household 120V outlet. Looks like it takes about 24 hours to charge full (extrapolating). I drove all day with mainly gas engine and max regen and lost less than 10 miles in electric range. I am curious what will happen if you run out of gas completely, can you still use electric only to get you to a gas station???
Yes you can, I have let that happen a couple of times now.. The car will start to lean itself out anyway and go into a lower power mode when almost out but I have ridden around electric only until I get gas a couple of times..
Appreciate 2
XM Label928.50
r33_RGSport13013.00
      11-01-2023, 08:02 PM   #17
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:

Forgot to mention MF was .00190 but with max Multiple security deposits it dropped to 0.00148. TBH I would just lease because you get $7500 lease cash and we don’t know what market value will be after 3 years as it hasn’t been around for a long time. If it remains in demand with resale values on secondary market like a G wagon or urus then I might buy my next one…time will tell
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 08:06 PM   #18
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
One more thing I noticed today, you can automatically set parking brake to turn on after putting it in park. No more pulling up on switch to activate.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 08:44 PM   #19
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
I am having trouble using augmented reality on control panel display. It seems to work in instrument cluster display all the time. When I change settings to control panel display it will not work there even though the setting is correct.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 09:01 PM   #20
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep

Forgot to mention MF was .00190 but with max Multiple security deposits it dropped to 0.00148 not familiar .... any for dummies lesson you can teach im walking in at noon to try and work a deal

i want 24 months does that exist ?

anyone know if 7500 credit is still active and is that only on 36 month ?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 09:02 PM   #21
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am having trouble using augmented reality on control panel display. It seems to work in instrument cluster display all the time. When I change settings to control panel display it will not work there even though the setting is correct.
I don’t think you can do both at the same time. It’s one or the other. If it’s like it was on the IX, you can only get augmented reality on the main display while you’re actually navigating.
Appreciate 1
XM Label928.50
      11-01-2023, 09:04 PM   #22
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Forgot to mention MF was .00190 but with max Multiple security deposits it dropped to 0.00148 not familiar .... any for dummies lesson you can teach im walking in at noon to try and work a deal

i want 24 months does that exist ?

anyone know if 7500 credit is still active and is that only on 36 month ?
Have you tried asking your dealer? They have the ability to tweak these numbers in both directions. You can get a 24, 36, and in some cases, a 42 month lease. The incentives aren’t always the same between different markets, so you should really be asking your dealer.
Appreciate 0