BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum the elephant in the room

03-24-2023, 02:12 AM   #1
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Is the insurance policy 🤣

GL to anyone and everyone trying to insure these beasts!

What provider are you all able to get coverage with?

Progressive currently has to manually enter this vehicle into their db and manually write the policy with a maximum coverage of only 150k

Geico is also unable to issue and requires special underwriting, takes days to attempt to have them cover the value and it’s not confirmed they would.

Owners shime in…
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 05:17 AM   #2
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Any new car has this issue, Ford, VW, or otherwise… Takes a bit for them to model the vehicle and put a cost on it…

Progressive only supports a maximum coverage of 150K no matter the vehicle, their business is not high end cars, I left them years ago for that reason….

In general I know State Farm handles it quick based on my experience with them and the G chassis M760, Hagerty can write as well I assume since they handled one, my M4 CSL fell into the same spot as I had one of the first delivered.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 07:04 PM   #3
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep

This topic is highly underrated. Any new owners please shime in on what provider has fully covered the value of the xm…

I been in touch with a hand full only to be told they are not covering it as of now.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 12:18 PM   #4
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Call State Farm, when they tell you it's not in their system they should also say they will submit it with the right value and another model (the X7) pending addition, coverage will be no issue as it will be valued properly and noted internally.. Recommend you talk to an agent and not the 800 number.
Msparta316.00
      03-30-2023, 08:49 PM   #5
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrino View Post
Call State Farm, when they tell you it's not in their system they should also say they will submit it with the right value and another model (the X7) pending addition, coverage will be no issue as it will be valued properly and noted internally.. Recommend you talk to an agent and not the 800 number.
Will def do this thank you!
Appreciate 0