F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Congrats on 10k Kern417!
ARMA SPEED

01-15-2023, 09:23 AM   #1
GA/\/\/\/\A_CT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘20 m340ix

Congrats on 10k Kern417!

Gents, you all probably know Kern from this forum or YT.

He’s a great contributor to this community and is really trying to help us out (and get his parts paid for, jejeje).

Leave a post below and say hey for 10k!

Congrats man!

Appreciate 5
alyabiev160.50
Beek707.00
kern4174454.50
      01-15-2023, 05:21 PM   #2
mixmastermike
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA/\/\/\/\A_CT View Post

He’s a great contributor to this community and is really trying to help us out (and get his parts paid for, jejeje).

Congrats man!

The thumbnail is epic

Thanks for all the great work that you do!

Last edited by mixmastermike; 01-15-2023 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      01-15-2023, 06:48 PM   #3
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Congrats kern417!
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      01-15-2023, 09:14 PM   #4
talontdone
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340Xi

Congrats man and thanks for all that you do for the greater B58 community
      01-17-2023, 01:42 AM   #5
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

He is da man!
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      01-19-2023, 08:17 PM   #6
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

He doesn’t really know much I found, and is at times just wrong but I guess he tries his best and it pays for some parts so can’t hurt LOL keep it up
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      01-20-2023, 11:48 AM   #7
1slowb58
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive Stage 3

This YT channel is criminally underrated.
2016 340i xDrive | Pure 800 | Dorch S2 | XHP S3 | bm3 | F80 Paul 94 + Meth Custom Tune | CTS Intake | VRSF Catless DP | BMS Elite CP | Snow Perf VC50 + Dual CM7 CPI | BC Racing BR Coilovers | Apec ARC-8 + Hankook Ventus RS4 |
Appreciate 2
kern4174454.50
      01-20-2023, 05:58 PM   #8
GA/\/\/\/\A_CT
Lieutenant
Rep

@mtwo please post a link to your YT channel so we can be enlightened by things that are not wrong. Take a hike. Why would you even post such nonsense? @kern417 is the man. Don’t forget to like and subscribe his channel.
Appreciate 2
      01-21-2023, 07:44 AM   #9
disintegrator66
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i M-Sport 6MT THP MPPSK

Congrats Kern!!!
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      01-21-2023, 09:33 AM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats Kern!

Although im disappointed we were not included in his Black Friday deals when we had more deals than all the sources he listed.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
kern4174454.50
dmanb2b2129.50
      01-21-2023, 01:38 PM   #11
GA/\/\/\/\A_CT
Lieutenant
Rep

@mike I think you guys should sponsor Kern. Showcase and evaluate your products.
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      01-21-2023, 03:39 PM   #12
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:

Congrats man!
Thank you guys. I really appreciate it.

I wouldn't be here without your support. Now let's keep going

Quote:
@mtwo please post a link to your YT channel so we can be enlightened by things that are not wrong. Take a hike. Why would you even post such nonsense? @kern417 is the man. Don’t forget to like and subscribe his channel.
No worries man. I found out recently that some people think I'm a know it all or claim I know everything. That's part of the reason I made that video. I'm not a tuner or a mechanic. I just share what I learn because I wish people had this kind of tailored content when I got into modifying my car. They don't see videos where I update with new info or the research I do in the background. Thanks for sticking around

Edit: actually looking at his old posts, I'm guessing he's one of the people that are mad i switched from bm3 to mhd. i tried to be impartial in my review but some people took it personally oh well.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417

Last edited by kern417; 01-21-2023 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 3
      02-07-2023, 01:59 PM   #13
F30Marco
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i

Congrats kern, your videos have given me so much more knowledge on the b58 and engines in general
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      02-08-2023, 10:21 AM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
@mike I think you guys should sponsor Kern. Showcase and evaluate your products.
Im always open to giving back in return for honest feedback or affiliate marketing.

But that video was not an affiliate-only thing; it was posted as a guide for viewers for the BEST deals on Black Friday, but the vendor with more sales than everyone posted combined got left off that list.

Im assuming it's because competitor websites with fewer deals are paying him to sponsor them.

I would have no complaint if he presented this video, as there are some deals from my sponsors like he does with other videos. That's how affiliate marketing works.
My only complaint is that this was presented as an objective guide to viewers on BEST Black Friday deals (when the best deals were left out on purpose).

I like that he posted the sponsors in the comment section so people who read that section know some of the companies mentioned are paying him. I have seen content creators being shady and acting as independent reviewers when in reality, they get paid by vendors. Kern IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

To be clear, Kern has the right to post whatever he wants on his channel. As a viewer, I'm praising him for all the good things he is doing and giving him feedback on where things can be better, in my opinion.

I do not want to hijack this thread, again great job Kern and keep up the good work :thumbs-up:

Appreciate 1
      03-04-2023, 06:53 AM   #15
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Im always open to giving back in return for honest feedback or affiliate marketing.

But that video was not an affiliate-only thing; it was posted as a guide for viewers for the BEST deals on Black Friday, but the vendor with more sales than everyone posted combined got left off that list.

Im assuming it's because competitor websites with fewer deals are paying him to sponsor them.

I would have no complaint if he presented this video, as there are some deals from my sponsors like he does with other videos. That's how affiliate marketing works.
My only complaint is that this was presented as an objective guide to viewers on BEST Black Friday deals (when the best deals were left out on purpose).

I like that he posted the sponsors in the comment section so people who read that section know some of the companies mentioned are paying him. I have seen content creators being shady and acting as independent reviewers when in reality, they get paid by vendors. Kern IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

To be clear, Kern has the right to post whatever he wants on his channel. As a viewer, I'm praising him for all the good things he is doing and giving him feedback on where things can be better, in my opinion.

I do not want to hijack this thread, again great job Kern and keep up the good work :thumbs-up:
Let's set the record straight.

My black friday deals video is simply a list of sales that I found. It is no where advertised as the best deals or completely comprehensive. I even say in the video that I anticipate sales are still coming that aren't announced and advise what I expect based on what has happened in the past. That's the only way I can put out the video early enough where it's relevant.

My video surrounds deals from aftermarket companies, not vendors. I reach out to companies individually in advance, so that's 50+ dms/emails to gather information so I can post the video on Monday/Tuesday. Some respond, some don't. Sometimes I can pull from their website/social media posts. But I only mention sales that I confirmed. The audience can go through whichever vendor they prefer.

Nothing in my video is biased. A large majority of the deals I detailed aren't even sold by companies I'm affiliated with. Turbos, tunes, wheels, suspension, etc were all included.

And no one paid me to make the video. It was an idea I came up with 2 years ago. Like most of my videos, I make them because I get countless DMs with the same questions and making a comprehensive video is easier.

I've had several people say that they think my content is biased so this isn't new. It has gotten to the point where companies reach out to me asking for videos on their latest products and development. However I don't do just do paid placements or paid videos. All of the B58 Digest style videos I do for free. If a company is listed as a sponsor, it's because I have personally bought their products/services and it's on my personal car, so I know I can provide honest feedback on working with them and how their product performs.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 10:16 AM   #16
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

I'll respectfully disagree, especially with the first two paragraphs, but as mentioned before, I won't derail the thread any further.

Whether I agree or disagree with how you post your videos, it's pretty obvious for everyone watching, so they can decide.

It's your channel, and you can post whatever you want, even if biased.

Appreciate 1
      03-07-2023, 01:27 PM   #17
bmwenjoyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Let's set the record straight.

My black friday deals video is simply a list of sales that I found. It is no where advertised as the best deals or completely comprehensive. I even say in the video that I anticipate sales are still coming that aren't announced and advise what I expect based on what has happened in the past. That's the only way I can put out the video early enough where it's relevant.

My video surrounds deals from aftermarket companies, not vendors. I reach out to companies individually in advance, so that's 50+ dms/emails to gather information so I can post the video on Monday/Tuesday. Some respond, some don't. Sometimes I can pull from their website/social media posts. But I only mention sales that I confirmed. The audience can go through whichever vendor they prefer.

Nothing in my video is biased. A large majority of the deals I detailed aren't even sold by companies I'm affiliated with. Turbos, tunes, wheels, suspension, etc were all included.

And no one paid me to make the video. It was an idea I came up with 2 years ago. Like most of my videos, I make them because I get countless DMs with the same questions and making a comprehensive video is easier.

I've had several people say that they think my content is biased so this isn't new. It has gotten to the point where companies reach out to me asking for videos on their latest products and development. However I don't do just do paid placements or paid videos. All of the B58 Digest style videos I do for free. If a company is listed as a sponsor, it's because I have personally bought their products/services and it's on my personal car, so I know I can provide honest feedback on working with them and how their product performs.
I believe you Kern

F30 340i xDrive M-Sport (Alpine/Coral) Stage 2+
F30 335i (Alpine/Coral) - SOLD
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50
      03-07-2023, 07:30 PM   #18
GA/\/\/\/\A_CT
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I'll respectfully disagree, especially with the first two paragraphs, but as mentioned before, I won't derail the thread any further.

Whether I agree or disagree with how you post your videos, it's pretty obvious for everyone watching, so they can decide.

It's your channel, and you can post whatever you want, even if biased.

Mike@xph you’re not helping your business or this thread with your outrageous comments.

Point 1) you are bringing drama to a “congrats” thread.

Point 2) it’s March. You are still complaining about a video made in November? And just because he didn’t treat you special and highlight your company’s sales?

Point 3) why does a YouTube artist owe you any promotion or coverage? Don’t like it - make your own videos.

Get over it. Be nice. You have lots to offer this community, too. But your approach is a real turn off.
Appreciate 1
SebsM2652.00
      03-07-2023, 07:43 PM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mike@xph you’re not helping your business or this thread with your outrageous comments.

Point 2) it’s March. You are still complaining about a video made in November? And just because he didn’t treat you special and highlight your company’s sales?

Point 3) why does a YouTube artist owe you any promotion or coverage? Don’t like it - make your own videos.

Get over it. Be nice. You have lots to offer this community, too. But your approach is a real turn off.

Where is the drama? I said congrats and my opinion, very respectfully, by the way. Which is what forums are built for.
Stop being so sensitive.

I posted here and congratulated Kern on 01/21.
on 02/08, I responded to your post because you mentioned me
on 03/04 I responded to Kern because he mentioned me
and now I'm responding to you because you mentioned me

So one post where I said congrats and gave my opinion, and three posts where i responded to direct mentions.
Stop mentioning me, and you will never see me in this thread, I promise.

Again stop being so sensitive, it's a forum, and people can give their opinion.

He does not owe me anything. I said that in my post.
Stop being sensitive and read my posts again.

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 03-07-2023 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 12:47 PM   #20
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep

Opinions don't bother me but I want to set the record straight so others that come upon the thread don't get the wrong impression. Like I said this isn't new to me. But I didn't want to leave those comments open ended. I've ordered from Mike before and received good customer service. I just don't have a reason to present biased reviews of products or companies. The videos aren't a production, it's my own experience with my personal car. Nothing I do or say will reflect any sort of bias and I don't do agreements with business that require me to only speak highly of them.

I do have my own personal biases. For example, I spent twice as much to make the power I do because I like a flashy top mount turbo. But I've also made multiple videos explaining how people can pick a turbo for themselves because not everyone has the same goals as me. And that is the primary goal of my videos to let people decide for themselves and build their cars how they want.

If something I'm posting is biased, call me out. But I can tell everyone right now that has never been the case.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 04:21 PM   #21
Aussiefalcon
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

kern417. I congratulate you and I appreciate all the effort and time you spend to bring these videos to this community. A real source of information. Thank you.
Appreciate 1
kern4174454.50