BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-07-2022, 05:33 PM   #1
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC - 2022???

UK Help - Puncture on front left

Morning all

I went out to my car this evening and I have a flat front left. 5k on the clock.

Question - I can see they are continentals and the size, but they don't say if they're:

Sport contact 5 or sport contact 6! BMW garages in Edinburgh didn't know, or at least the people I spoke to and there is a difference of opinion on sites like Blackcircles vs Halfords (who only supply SC5's for X3M's).

Has anyone had to change one of their MY22 conti's yet, advice on replacing 1 or both fronts or indeed getting repair on it if it's in the right place.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and for the guidance of wise men..." Douglas Bader
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 02:58 AM   #2
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckypil0t View Post
Morning all

I went out to my car this evening and I have a flat front left. 5k on the clock.

Question - I can see they are continentals and the size, but they don't say if they're:

Sport contact 5 or sport contact 6! BMW garages in Edinburgh didn't know, or at least the people I spoke to and there is a difference of opinion on sites like Blackcircles vs Halfords (who only supply SC5's for X3M's).

Has anyone had to change one of their MY22 conti's yet, advice on replacing 1 or both fronts or indeed getting repair on it if it's in the right place.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Hi bud, just checked my photos from handover day .. the tyres are Sport Contact 6 * .... based on our build dates yours, by rights should be the same
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 03:13 AM   #3
Lee_Tr
Rep
Drives: '22 X3M Competition MBB

Mine are the same Conti Sport Contact 6* too
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 04:46 AM   #4
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Thanks both! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Once I drove it out of the dungeon that is my underground car park I saw the 6 on the tyre wall.

Also managed to get BMW to price match. Now waiting on the courtesy hire car (that you get for 48 hours if you’ve had a puncture) and a call from the service dept.

According to BMW Roadside Assistance if a BMW service centre can’t rectify within the hire car period they need to keep you mobile…

On who’s budget? Definitely not Roadside Assistance’s… Anyone been through this procedure?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 05:04 AM   #5
Lee_Tr
Rep
Drives: '22 X3M Competition MBB

Quote:
Thanks both! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Once I drove it out of the dungeon that is my underground car park I saw the 6 on the tyre wall.

Also managed to get BMW to price match. Now waiting on the courtesy hire car (that you get for 48 hours if you’ve had a puncture) and a call from the service dept.

According to BMW Roadside Assistance if a BMW service centre can’t rectify within the hire car period they need to keep you mobile…

On who’s budget? Definitely not Roadside Assistance’s… Anyone been through this procedure?
Yeah not for puncture tho, dealer will have to provide courtesy car if the fail to meet SLA. Had this a couple of times on my E93 M3 and F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 07:05 AM   #6
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Tr View Post
Yeah not for puncture tho, dealer will have to provide courtesy car if the fail to meet SLA. Had this a couple of times on my E93 M3 and F82 M4
Chased service department again and evetually got through to service agent who didn't know the car was there.

"Are you sure it's here?" - Yes, it's parked out the back on the left according to my tracker...

Service department mentioned I might require all 4 to be changed because it's a 4x4... Hopefully they are within 2mm tolerance across axel and 2-3 front to rear...

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and for the guidance of wise men..." Douglas Bader
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 09:37 AM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Chased service department again and evetually got through to service agent who didn't know the car was there.

"Are you sure it's here?" - Yes, it's parked out the back on the left according to my tracker...

Service department mentioned I might require all 4 to be changed because it's a 4x4... Hopefully they are within 2mm tolerance across axel and 2-3 front to rear...
WOW all four!! what's the tread depth on them?. sounds a bit OTT to me.