E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Advice on value of E91 335i 6MT

06-18-2022, 08:17 AM   #1
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i touring

Advice on value of E91 335i 6MT

Afternoon,

My car will finally be up for sale probably in mid to late July, I've been toying with it for a couple of years but as I retire later this year, I will have some funds to put towards a newer motor (I've had it for 12 years so maybe time for a change).

I could do with a bit of advice on the value as it has higher miles than most, there aren't many 6MT E91s around and I know they're are a few lads out there that look for this configuration.
07 plate
335i petrol
Dark grey exterior, black leather interior
6 speed manual
Big spec but main bits are electric FF tower (only ever used to tow a motorbike)
Digital TV,
DAB
Logic7
Nav
Xenon lights
leather heated electric front seats
auto dim mirrors,
Factory ugly kid glass
phone prep
bluetooth
USB aux audio input
etc etc

It has 161k miles but has been maintained by extended BMW warranty until early this year and obviously full BMW service history and still runs really sweet. I have a draw full of receipts for those that like that kind of thing. It is rarely used on any journey where the oil doesn't get up to temperature.
I have owned it for 12 years and am in no real rush to sell, as long as it is gone for a decent price by the year's end. I'm planning to get a couple of cosmetic matters like wheels refurbished done before it goes for sale.
Any ideas what is a reasonable price to ask?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 02:51 PM   #2
Markos ZimZimma
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F31 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
Afternoon,

My car will finally be up for sale probably in mid to late July, I've been toying with it for a couple of years but as I retire later this year, I will have some funds to put towards a newer motor (I've had it for 12 years so maybe time for a change).

I could do with a bit of advice on the value as it has higher miles than most, there aren't many 6MT E91s around and I know they're are a few lads out there that look for this configuration.
07 plate
335i petrol
Dark grey exterior, black leather interior
6 speed manual
Big spec but main bits are electric FF tower (only ever used to tow a motorbike)
Digital TV,
DAB
Logic7
Nav
Xenon lights
leather heated electric front seats
auto dim mirrors,
Factory ugly kid glass
phone prep
bluetooth
USB aux audio input
etc etc

It has 161k miles but has been maintained by extended BMW warranty until early this year and obviously full BMW service history and still runs really sweet. I have a draw full of receipts for those that like that kind of thing. It is rarely used on any journey where the oil doesn't get up to temperature.
I have owned it for 12 years and am in no real rush to sell, as long as it is gone for a decent price by the year's end. I'm planning to get a couple of cosmetic matters like wheels refurbished done before it goes for sale.
Any ideas what is a reasonable price to ask?
Ugly kid glass!

Do share some pics if you can as that will help. Is it an M Sport? Sounds like a very good spec and 12 years with the same owner is a positive. Some do indeed look for manuals of these (although I prefer auto in these) but I'm not sure that will affect the price. Being an 07, pre-LCI and 160k means there will be more desirable ones on the market – although your spec is strong – but for me I'd not advertise this with a number that starts lower than an 8... It's somewhere between 8-10k if it's an M Sport, easy £500 lower if not an M Sport though...
      06-18-2022, 05:04 PM   #3
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos ZimZimma View Post
Ugly kid glass!

Do share some pics if you can as that will help. Is it an M Sport? Sounds like a very good spec and 12 years with the same owner is a positive. Some do indeed look for manuals of these (although I prefer auto in these) but I'm not sure that will affect the price. Being an 07, pre-LCI and 160k means there will be more desirable ones on the market – although your spec is strong – but for me I'd not advertise this with a number that starts lower than an 8... It's somewhere between 8-10k if it's an M Sport, easy £500 lower if not an M Sport though...
Thanks for your thoughts my friend, mine is indeed an M Sport, I shall upload a couple of exemplar pictures of it tomorrow if it isn't lashing it down.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos ZimZimma View Post
Ugly kid glass!

I gave it a quick wipe between the showers today, scrubs up good. The steering wheel has been re-trimmed with nappa leather and is a touch thicker than normal, black radiator grill at the front and I think its all standard apart from that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-19-2022, 02:56 PM   #5
KFC_KID
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

Lovely car mate. I contemplated selling mine but realistically what can you replace it with that’s on the same level for the money?!
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2022, 04:58 PM   #6
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC_KID View Post
Lovely car mate. I contemplated selling mine but realistically what can you replace it with that’s on the same level for the money?!
That's very kind of you to say KFC_Kid and is exactly why I have kept mine for nearly 13 years, I bought it when expecting my daughter (well you absolutely need 300+bhp to lug those heavy push chairs around) and never found anything else I'd rather have without spending buckets of cash on the odd occasion I contemplated selling.

My retirement from main career at the end of this year and said daughter getting into horses means I suspect I will be going into Land Rover/Range Rover territory.
Appreciate 0