BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
nkweisberg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Le Mans Blue / Bamboo

Any suggestions for track brake pads and brake lines for Stock Rotors/calipers

I will be using my E92 M3 as my daily driver for a short 5 mile commute and will be tracking it around once a week. It would be great to keep the stock brake rotors and calipers but I would like to see peoples experience with aftermarket pads, brake lines and brake fluid. Any recommendation of upgrades to the stock brake system to make it more track friendly while keeping it suitable as a daily driver would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkweisberg View Post
I will be using my E92 M3 as my daily driver for a short 5 mile commute and will be tracking it around once a week. It would be great to keep the stock brake rotors and calipers but I would like to see peoples experience with aftermarket pads, brake lines and brake fluid. Any recommendation of upgrades to the stock brake system to make it more track friendly while keeping it suitable as a daily driver would be appreciated.
I used Stoptech stainless lines, Castrol RBF fluid and Pagid RS19 Yellow Endurance Race pads for the 2008 season. They worked great for the track. Search for posts on RS19's and you'll find feedback on how they work for the street. I was fine with them but they're not a stealth upgrade.
Appreciate 0