F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Can't adjust my xenon lights
proTUNING Freaks

02-18-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
MorbidAngel
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive -14

Can't adjust my xenon lights

Hey guys so I recently replaced my bulbs and installed some coilovers. Since I changed my ride-height I wanted to adjust my headlights but something is really off.

On the drivers side light I can't adjust it horizontally. If I go either clockwise or anticlockwise it just moves a tiny bit then "jumps" back to the original position. If I try to move it vertically nothing happens. Right now it's shining waaay to far to the left.

On the passenger side I can adjust it but after I adjusted it to where I wanted it I switched on my high beams and the high beam was pretty much on top of the other light (which is to far left) so I was like wtf okay let me adjust it with the high beam on.

I adjusted it (the passenger side one) to where it looked good and when I got into my car and turned the high beam off the low beam is now really fucked up. Like shining into the ground to the right.

What am I doing wrong here?? Any help is appreciated.. Thank you.

F30 320D 2014. OEM Xenon.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 12:25 PM   #2
joesid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive

I'm not familiar with those specific headlights, but with adaptive/auto leveling in general. It sounds like the light has been adjusted past it's physical limit, and has jammed or has separated from one of the gears responsible for movement. Does the projector seem loose at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 08:04 AM   #3
MorbidAngel
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive -14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesid View Post
I'm not familiar with those specific headlights, but with adaptive/auto leveling in general. It sounds like the light has been adjusted past it's physical limit, and has jammed or has separated from one of the gears responsible for movement. Does the projector seem loose at all?
Thank you for your reply. It doesn't seem loose but that's definitely a possibility. Guess I'll have to jack up the car and remove the wheels so I can gain access to the headlights..

Thank you again
Appreciate 0