BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

11-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

New to the area

Hey guys, just moved up to the Hainesport, NJ area from S. FL WOW what a change. Lookin to meet up with some local car guys. I'm up here on business, I'm a 23 old single so I'm looking to meet some of the local crowd (haha almost sounds like I'm in the wrong chat room), whats hoppin around these parts?
Joe
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
track junkie
Rep
Drives: Fast...

Hey,
Welcome! if you want to hang out with some car guys come up to Brooklyn on Sunday 16th Nov for a meet.

Floyd bennet field MEET!

DATE/TIME:
Sunday, November 16th 2008!!
1:00PM

We will meet on the right hand side in a small parking lot when you enter the field or past the small booth, then we will all make our way to the back by the water.

Its a abandoned airfiled base!
Here are some info and directions on it. its a sick place to hang out and talk about cars guys. hope some of you can make it and we can get something going.

DIRECTIONS:
TO FLOYD BENNETT FIELD

For those coming from Staten Island, central/southern NJ and all pts south, take 278 East across the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, go east on the Belt Pkwy, take exit 11S (Flatbush Ave), continue along Flatbush Ave going away from Brooklyn. Take a left onto Aviation Rd. (it should be the last cross road you see before the tolls). This well-signed road will lead you to Floyd Bennett Field.

For those coming from the Bronx, Queens, Long Island and Brooklyn, take the Van Wyck Expwy towards JFK Airport to Belt Pkwy west, take exit 11A (Flatbush Ave), continue along Flatbush Ave going away from Brooklyn. Take a left onto Aviation Rd. (it should be the last cross road you see before the tolls). This well-signed road will lead you to Floyd Bennett Field.

For those coming from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and all pts north, take 95 south across the Whitestone Bridge, connect with the Van Wyck Expwy, and follow directions for those coming from the NYC boroughs.

MORE DIRECTIONS FOR ALL:
You have to make the left turn to enter the field, it is at the last light of the strip, and it is the last light before the BRIDGE. so dont take the bridge, make a left at the light into the field, then look on your right hand side for the small parking lot.

More info on the site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Bennett_Field

Last meet there! from last year! Was awesome!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58886
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

I would love too, but I'm actually gunna be in S. FL as of this sat till after thanksgiving. sux I wish I could go though. maybe next time.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
track junkie
Rep
Drives: Fast...

Ha-ha, N
I'm driving down to Fl this coming tuesday. I'm going to stop by Panama city, then drive to Miami. I'll be there friday night and sat. Let me know if you want to hang out.
Appreciate 0