BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

11-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
midlifecrisis
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35d, 2019 230i X

Turner Motorsport Rolex GT M3?

There's a post on the Grand-Am board from Turner Motorsports looking for someone to pick up most of the season for a Riley chassis, '09 M3 bodied Rolex GT car. Is this for real? Has anyone heard about this program? Turner has been fantastic in Koni Challenge, and I guess they're going to switch from E46 to E90/E92 cars soon.

Rolex would be a step up for them. They're offering the car for a 10 race minimum deal, at $79,000 per race (including crew and support). (I'd do it, but its a little out of my price range. OK, its way out of my price range!)

The deal doesn't include Daytona in January - so I'm wondering whether they're going to run some of their regulars in the Rolex. Anybody know? I'd love to see a Turner car running in the Rolex 24 - it would give us bimmerheads something else to cheer for! I'm also excited about the Rahal/Letterman ALMS project, but I'm able to attend more Grand-Am races than ALMS. Lime Rock will be my only chance to see ALMS - and I can probably get to Daytona, Watkins Glen, and Thunderbolt to watch Grand-Am, and there hasn't been a huge BMW effort in the series. There were two Dinan-powered prototypes running last year, but SAMAX couldn't finish the season after winning earlier in the year. I guess funding is going to be a continuing problem in this economy.
Appreciate 0