F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Alarm starts when I walk from car
Studio RSR

07-05-2021, 01:36 PM   #1
f4r0kh
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d 2016

Alarm starts when I walk from car

Hi folks, I have a weird problem that happens randomly from time to time on my F15 X5. I park the car, switch off the engine, get out, lock the car and start walking away, but when I get a few steps from my car a loud alarm starts. So I unlock the car to stop the alarm, lock it again, walk away and it starts sounding again. The only thing that fixes it is to get back into the car, start the engine, stop it again and lock the car. I have no clue why this happens and why it only happens randomly from time to time. My headlight switch is on AUTO all the time, so it's not because of it and the engine is definitely not running when I lock it. Can anybody help please?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
drdino
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Don't walk away from the car, sounds like it's got abandonment issues...

I jest. You need to establish why the alarm is being triggered. How is your battery doing? You can eliminate the interior motion sensors or the inclination sensor by disabling them, this is usually done by pressing the lock button again within 10secs after locking the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
f4r0kh
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d 2016

Lol, abandonment issues 😀😀👍 The car is not moving at all after I lock it, I’m aware of the inclinstion and iterior movement sensors, do you think a certain light or shadow can cause it to activate?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 09:01 PM   #4
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4r0kh View Post
Hi folks, I have a weird problem that happens randomly from time to time on my F15 X5. I park the car, switch off the engine, get out, lock the car and start walking away, but when I get a few steps from my car a loud alarm starts. So I unlock the car to stop the alarm, lock it again, walk away and it starts sounding again. The only thing that fixes it is to get back into the car, start the engine, stop it again and lock the car. I have no clue why this happens and why it only happens randomly from time to time. My headlight switch is on AUTO all the time, so it's not because of it and the engine is definitely not running when I lock it. Can anybody help please?
Pressing the keyfob lock button twice will disable the interior sensor; doors, hood, and hatch still monitored by the alarm.
Appreciate 0