E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Fog lights and cigarett socket question..

10-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
exidisjon
PuffPuffPass
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi AW/Saddle

Fog lights and cigarett socket question..

Last night i dont know for some reason the low beams code was thrown and i noticed my right side fog lights are out and my cigarett sockets arent working.

My question is if i just replace the fuse myself and fog lights to h8 bulbs 35 watts like my angel lights would that turn off the code thrown and fix the problem?

Out of nowhere the cigarett socket went out for no reason and after few hours one of the fog lights went out.. Coincidence? Or maybe some kinda electrical problem? Just a bit paranoid.

What are your opinions on if i should bring to dealer or just do it my self since time is a big factor for me...

Also i know the fuse is easy to replace since its right behind the glove compartment but in order to install the fog light bulbs do i need to get between the tire and drivers side fender? Or is it same as the place under the hood where you change the angel eyes?

Thank you... I know its probably a 30 min job at the dealer but my dealer wants me to come in before 10 am and that doesnt match my time.

My right foot weighs more than my left for sure.
Appreciate 0