09-26-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
BMW BFG
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 AUDI A3

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
X6 arriving soon with MHT (mild hybrid technology)

Hi all,

Ordered a new x6 and have been told it'll come with MHT.

Anyone had any experience of this? It appears it only just got added to the X6 line up and this will be one of the first in the UK...

How does it look/work in the idrive? Apparently it gives the x6 a 20bhp boost and .4 sec off the 0-60... wonder if it'll be noticeable?

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/05/06/h...id-technology/

Last edited by BMW BFG; 09-26-2020 at 02:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 05:44 AM   #2
StanTheManBG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4, X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BFG View Post
Hi all,

Anyone had any experience of this? It appears it only just got added to the X6 line up and this will be one of the first in the UK...

How does it look/work in the idrive? Apparently it gives the x6 a 20bhp boost and .4 sec off the 0-60... wonder if it'll be noticeable?

It's been available here in Bulgaria for a few months now. It's nothing spectacular. It is most beneficial in stop/go traffic where it shuts off the engine before you actually come to a complete stop.

0.4s is literally a blink of an eye so I really really doubt you'll notice that difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
BMW BFG
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTheManBG View Post
It's been available here in Bulgaria for a few months now. It's nothing spectacular. It is most beneficial in stop/go traffic where it shuts off the engine before you actually come to a complete stop.

0.4s is literally a blink of an eye so I really really doubt you'll notice that difference.
Ok that's frustrating as start stop technology is one of my most hated modern adaptions!

Yeah I am no speed demon but I remember in my younger days .5sec was a big deal at the car shows I used to go to... people would mod to gain it so was a nice surprise to get in the X6.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Quote:

Ok that's frustrating as start stop technology is one of my most hated modern adaptions!

Yeah I am no speed demon but I remember in my younger days .5sec was a big deal at the car shows I used to go to... people would mod to gain it so was a nice surprise to get in the X6.
Well .. at least for every .1 there is a one car difference in drag .. meaning it will have 4 cars in total and that's huge .. and I am sure it would make much better numbers on a 1/4 of a mile
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 02:51 AM   #5
StanTheManBG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4, X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd X6 View Post
Well .. at least for every .1 there is a one car difference in drag .. meaning it will have 4 cars in total and that's huge .. and I am sure it would make much better numbers on a 1/4 of a mile
Who'd drag race a 30d though?
Appreciate 1
volodp199.50
      10-04-2020, 06:26 AM   #6
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
The 20hp boost and .4 sec gain and 10% gain in fuel economy though welcome are to be balanced against pros and cons of having a battery(weight/longevity issues) and engine as opposed to an engine alone.
I would imagine that the F15 40e owners would know better though it was hamstrung with a 2l engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 03:36 AM   #7
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd X6 View Post
You'ed be surprised how much power these suckers have .. I haven't tried the 30d yet

But I have the 40i M sport and it runs faster than my 12MY cayenne s V8
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #8
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

FWIW, I have a new 45e, and for running around town, I almost never need more power than the electric motor has. Now, the motor on this vehicle has a lot more power than the mild hybrid, but, other than the sound and the additional power, there's no vibration or shudder when the engine turns on or off. They seem to have worked on the motor mounts and other controls to smooth things out when the motor turns on/off.

Did they also move to a 48v system?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #9
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Hi all,

Quote:
Hi all,

Well good luck if they haven't fixed the current STOP and recall on all cars with the 48V MHT due to an issue with the battery cables. Was supposed to take delivery of mine two weeks ago. No sign of it having a fix date yet. So peed off!!! It's all 30d's with MHT btw so X, 5 and 3 series
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 03:14 PM   #10
BMW BFG
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
OK if I ended up at a facility that allowed it might give it a go...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #11
BMW BFG
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greghorne View Post
Well good luck if they haven't fixed the current STOP and recall on all cars with the 48V MHT due to an issue with the battery cables. Was supposed to take delivery of mine two weeks ago. No sign of it having a fix date yet. So peed off!!! It's all 30d's with MHT btw so X, 5 and 3 series

O no... glad you mentioned in advance so I can prepare but really sad news.... do they not have a fix or just dealership busy ?

I'm not sure whether to ask in advance or say nothing and hope they release it to me....

Where did you buy from ?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #12
BMW BFG
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
Did they also move to a 48v system?
Yes, is this good?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #13
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:

O no... glad you mentioned in advance so I can prepare but really sad news.... do they not have a fix or just dealership busy ?

I'm not sure whether to ask in advance or say nothing and hope they release it to me....

Where did you buy from ?
Quote:
Quote:

Where did you buy from ?
See my other post in the forum called STOP020783
Appreciate 0