BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-03-2020, 07:01 AM   #1
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Window issue

Returned to the car to find the passenger rear window fully open
All windows were up when I left it, so how does one window open on its own? Besides the security risk, the interior was wet from the rain that blew in.

Anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #2
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addbuyer View Post
Returned to the car to find the passenger rear window fully open
All windows were up when I left it, so how does one window open on its own? Besides the security risk, the interior was wet from the rain that blew in.

Anyone else experienced this?
That is strange. Are you absolutely sure you didn't open it by accident. The most plausible cause would be that you pushed the button when leaving the car? The passenger rear window is the most easy to miss when left open when leaving the car

If it really opened by it self it is a serious problem indeed.

You could have seen it in the app but only when you open it. I would be nice to get a warning if you lock the car with an opened window.

Anyway. Annoying that your interior got wet. Will drying alone be enough to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
That is strange. Are you absolutely sure you didn't open it by accident. The most plausible cause would be that you pushed the button when leaving the car? The passenger rear window is the most easy to miss when left open when leaving the car

If it really opened by it self it is a serious problem indeed.

You could have seen it in the app but only when you open it. I would be nice to get a warning if you lock the car with an opened window.

Anyway. Annoying that your interior got wet. Will drying alone be enough to fix it?
100% certain all window were closed. Luckily i was only gone approx 45 minutes.
Cant be done from the fob in my pocket as it only opens all 4 windows not just one. My app doesn't work at all, hasn't for a few weeks now...Ive been told to visit BMW for a software update but i cant find the time and from what ive read they might fcuk the download and require the car for a couple of days!
Yes its very worrying thinking it could do it again and theirs no one arount to actually steal the bloody thing
Appreciate 0