F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT CiC
GetBMWParts

08-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
newbos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320D

NBT CiC

Hi all

I have posted in the UK forum but no one is answering. I know the US will be different but I have a 2014 F31 with above idrive. Id like to know why I can't see my album art when streaming via Bluetooth. I have an android phone and I thought I should see the album art. Can anyone help? It's the wider screen Nav and enhanced colours and 3d. Not forgetting bigger control wheel.

Thanks Simon

BMW E92 335D
Gone but not forgotten

BMW E92 335D
Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 09:06 PM   #2
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Only works with apple, providing that you have enhanced Bluetooth...A workaround is only using USB sound with a cable with an apple device, not sure if android has album art that way though. I have a 2016 428xi GC or F36 if you prefer, that's the way it works with me. I have enhanced Bluetooth, and use both, an android S9, which is connected by Bluetooth, and an old apple 5s that's connected by USB cable in the armrest. 5S is used to stream music and S9 is used for phone calls. I also did the 6.5 in idrive screen upgrade to the 8 inch one along with the larger idrive controller. But mine started out as a regular NBT. not CIC. Didn't even realize that there was enhanced colors or 3d options, but then again I don't have NAV, there is a button for it but since it didn't come with factory NAV, button doesn't work.
Appreciate 0